Northern shift sparks off row at London Electricity
- London Electricity reviews advertising after shake-up. // Marketing Week (01419285);3/28/2002, Vol. 25 Issue 13, p11
Reports the review of the advertising account of London Electricity Group in London, England. Management of creative work and media for the brand by First City Advertising; Promotion of Gary Tubb as the marketing director; Responsibility of marketing the brands.
- Virgin Energy to join Virgin Home umbrella brand. // Marketing (00253650);5/16/2002, p3
Reports on the plan of LE Group to relaunch Virgin Energy brand under the name Virgin Home in Great Britain.
- LE scraps retail marketing director role in shake-up. Singh, Sonoo // Marketing Week;12/12/2002, Vol. 25 Issue 50, p6
Reports on the replacement of the marketing director position with separate marketers at London Electricity Group in England. Job responsibilities of retail marketing director Gary Tubb; Administration of Steve Hargreaves over the customer market; Marketing role of customer care director Simon...
- London Electricity launches Â£6m creative rethink. Sweney, Mark // Campaign;2/21/2003, Issue 8, p1
Reports on the review called by London Electricity Group, Great Britain's fourth largest domestic gas and electricity supplier for its six million pounds advertising account. Business operations of the company; Creative and media work handle by First City Advertising for LE Group and South West...
- Energy buyers green on renewables. // Utility Week;7/5/2002, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p6
Reports on the results of a survey by London Electricity concerning the use of renewable energy in Great Britain.
- LE Group seeks agency for Â£10m pooled task. Kleiman, Mark // Marketing (00253650);5/16/2002, p8
Reports on the move of LE Group in reviewing direct marketing accounts for the London Electricity and SWEB brands in Great Britain. Plan of LE Group to move into the telecoms market; Concern of the company on customer relationship management; Amount spent by the company on direct marketing.
- London is joint top in user poll despite fine. // Utility Week;10/25/2002, Vol. 18 Issue 17, p6
Reports on London Electricity PLC, who came out joint first in a customer satisfaction survey of electricity companies in Britain despite being threatened with a fine by Ofgem for misselling.
- Crime and punishment. Cooper, John // Utility Week;10/25/2002, Vol. 18 Issue 17, p18
Comments on the fine imposed on London Electricity (LE) PLC by Ofgem, the British energy regulator. Statement of policy of Ofgem on the penalties; Expectations on Ofgem as a regulator with regards to the case of LE; Implications of the penalty for Ofgem, LE and the companies in the energy industry.
- LE brand faces axe in EDF review. Sonoo Singh // Marketing Week;10/31/2002, Vol. 25 Issue 44, p7
Reports on the problems facing London Electricity PLC following a series of management restructuring that created branding problems for the power utility firm. Efforts exerted by the firm's management to recover from the negative publicities caused by rumors of misselling.