Pension discrimination gets equality treatment
- Next Step--The Senate. Winston, David A. // Advisor Today;Jun2001, Vol. 96 Issue 6, p78
Reports on the passage of a pension reform bill by the United States (U.S.) House of Representatives in 2001. Sponsors of the bill; Support of the National Association of Insurance and Financial Advisors and the American Council of Life Insurers for the bill; Provisions of the legislation.
- Senators work on bipartisan pension bill. Geisel, Jerry // Business Insurance;07/13/98, Vol. 32 Issue 28, p1
Reports that Senators in Washington are attempting to formulate and implement a bipartisan pro-employer pension bill, before the end of the 1998 congressional session. Comment from James Klein, president of the Association of Private Pension and Welfare Plans in Washington; Identification of...
- How biz blew work comp reform. Hinz, Greg // Crain's Chicago Business;12/16/96, Vol. 19 Issue 51, p4
Presents information on the proposed comprehensive reform of Illinois' $2-billion workers compensation system. Response of Republicans, and Democrats; Comments from Sally Jackson, president and chief executive officer of the Illinois State Chamber of Commerce; Citing of labor-friendly policies...
- Retirement Protection Act of 1994. Ellner, Steven; Wattenberg, Larry // CPA Journal;May95, Vol. 65 Issue 5, p58
Describes the Retirement Protection Act of 1994. Strengthening of the Pension Benefit Guaranty Corporation; Encouragement for employers to fund their defined benefit retirement plan; Elimination of cross-tested defined contribution plans; New minimum funding rules; Disclosure requirement to...
- Senate passed bill to curb state taxes on non-resident pensions. // Corporate Board;Sep/Oct94, Vol. 15 Issue 88, p28
Reports on states' and localities' application of their income tax laws to the pension benefits of nonresidents. Addition of amendment to Bankruptcy Amendments Act of 1994, according to Foster Higgins `Highlights' newsletter; Cost of benefits covered by bill.
- Practical solutions for GATT funding and PBGC premium issues. Kamenir, Jeffrey R., // Employee Benefits Journal;Sep96, Vol. 21 Issue 3, p29
Reports on changes on pension rules in the United States following the passage of the General Agreement on Tariffs and Trade legislation. Additional contribution requirements; Increase in insurance premiums to the Pension Benefit Guaranty Corp.; Participant notification requirements as they...
- Changes in pension plan laws may make saving more difficult. Feaver, Christopher // Indianapolis Business Journal;11/22/93, Vol. 14 Issue 34, Focus. p5B
Reports on how the changes in the pension plan laws will affect businesses. Problem; Options; Views of pension experts; Effect on married couples operating a business together; Supplemental retirement plans as alternative; Advantages and disadvantages of the supplemental plans.
- Out to lunch award. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);7/3/95, Vol. 42 Issue 27, p1
Comments on the failure of the New York State Legislature to consider legislation that would mitigate documented abuses of the police disability pension system. Pension payment rates.
- Pension reforms may pass. Anand, Vineeta // Pensions & Investments;7/22/96, Vol. 24 Issue 15, p2
Reports on the probable passing of the legislation package on pensions. Inclusion of pension measures in a tax bill that would raise the minimum wage; President Bill Clinton's signifying of intention to sign the bill.