World Wide Web search tools
- 3 easy tools to make sense of the Internet. Anson, Chris // Wenatchee Business Journal;Nov96, Vol. 10 Issue 11, p21
Discusses three search engines used to locate information in the Internet. Yahoo, home to a list of Web pages organized into categories; Lycos services; Webcrawler based in University of Washington.
- Yahoo Replaces Google As Firefox Browser. // Micro Mart;12/4/2014, Issue 1340, p32
The article discusses replacement of open-source web browser Mozilla Firefox's search engine Google by search engine Yahoo.
- Microsoft Responds to Yahoo's Rejection. // Red Herring;2/11/2008, p2
The article reports on the response of Microsoft Corp. to the decision of Yahoo to reject its $44.6 billion offer to purchase the search engine company. The software company said that Yahoo's rejection does not change its belief that a Microsoft-Yahoo combination makes good strategic sense. The...
- Google Search Share Drops as Yahoo's Climbs to Highest in Five Years. Vijayan, Jaikumar // eWeek;1/8/2015, p1
The article mentions that research conducted by website analytics firm StatCounter suggests that search market share of internet firm Google has dropped drastically in the U.S., while there has been an increase in search market share of internet search engine firm Yahoo. It states that decision...
- Internet SEARCH ENGINE Update. Notess, Greg R. // Online;Nov/Dec2001, Vol. 25 Issue 6, p20
Presents an update on Internet search engines in the United States as of November 2001. Advertisements added by AllTheWeb to its search engine; Release of the LexiBot 2.0 desktop client search tool from BrightPlanet; Appointment of Eric Schmidt at Google.
- Vik Singh, 24. Savage, Neil // Technology Review;Sep/Oct2009, Vol. 112 Issue 5, p70
The article focuses on Build Your Own Search Service (BOSS), an application programming interface developed by Vik Singh that allows users to manage results provided by Yahoo! Inc.'s search engine according to their service requirement. More than 1,000 developers of web sites, e-mail clients,...
- YAHOO TO BOW DVR SOFTWARE. Gruenwedel, Erik // Home Media Retailing;4/30/2006, Vol. 28 Issue 18, p28
Reports that Internet search engine Yahoo! is beta-testing free software that would allow users whose television is connected to a personal computer the ability to record television programming similar to a digital video recorder, in April 2006.
- Site quality issues push down Yahoo's share of UK search spend. Cooper, Will // New Media Age;1/21/2010, p07
The article reports on the decline of Yahoo's share of the British search engine market which is valued at 3 billion British pounds as of January 2010.
- Getting off the Beaten Track: Specialized Web Search Engines. Sullivan, Danny // Searcher;Oct98, Vol. 6 Issue 9, p49
Presents information on specialized Web search engines in the United States. How to create a specialty search engine; Details on domain filtering, a process of localizing a general Web-index; Comparison between the custom crawling and domain filtering; Features of Yahoo!.