How webbed fingers can fish with the net
- Ask Dr. Internet. Blass, Steve // Network World;1/6/2003, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p35
Discusses the possibility of establishing an Internet-accessible file transfer protocol (FTP) site in an apartment complex Internet connection. Use of peer-to-peer-file sharing tool or GoToMyPc as alternative ways of setting up an FTP site.
- It's past time for smarter basic Web software. Van Name, Mark L.; Catchings, Bill // PC Week;08/25/97, Vol. 14 Issue 36, p74
Opinion. States that changes are necessary in the Internet file transfer protocol (FTP) to help the Internet become more efficient. The problem of having to restart a nearly completed download; The adaptability of FTP; The need for FTP changes to be universal and to be accepted by major...
- The PC corner: Internet again. Anderson, Michael // Business Economics;Apr96, Vol. 31 Issue 2, p66
Discusses interactive services available in the Internet, specifically, the FTP (file transfer protocol) and Gopher services. Features; Applications; How the services are used.
- More ways to talk shop on the Internet. Carts, Yvonne A. // Laser Focus World;Apr94, Vol. 30 Issue 4, p143
Opinion. Presents the author's view on the resources available in the Internet using the anonymous file-transfer-protocol (FTP) and some electronic mail accessible information. Main sources of information; Optical design software; Math software. INSET: Net guides multiply..
- Mobile Data Services using Open Protocols and Internet. Gupta, Nitin; Sharma, Rahul // International Journal of Computer Applications;Sep2011, Vol. 29, p21
The aim of this work is to develop such a methodology whose implementation help the companies, institutions etc to easily communicate with another person without any cost. This gives a new dimension to communication. Our system is competent without GPRS or Telecom service providers. Free of cost...
- Save Often. Save Online? Goldsborough, Reid // Community College Week;11/22/2004, Vol. 17 Issue 8, p17
Provides information on available options for saving important data offsite. Significance of offsite storage on important data; Kinds of problems encountered in saving important files; Examples of stand-alone File Transfer Protocol programs.
- You Want It? Joyce, John // Scientific Computing;Mar2007, Vol. 24 Issue 4, p16
The article provides an introduction to YouSendIt file transfer service and instructions on how to use it. YouSendIt solves peoples' problem in sending Gigabyte-size files without using the file transfer protocol server. In using YouSendIt, all you need is a Web access and an e-mail account. A...
- External Data Feeds: The New Web Of Trust. Osmanoglu, T. Ertem; Schramm, John R.; Mitchell, Michael C. // Business Communications Review;Jun2002, Vol. 32 Issue 1, p55
Examines the capabilities and limitations of common data transfer alternatives available for companies to maximize their investment in data transmission. Discussion on encrypted media, such as tapes, compact discs, and cartridges; Objectives of file transfer protocol (FTP); Availability of FTP...
- MOVING TOWARD NETWORK SECURITY AND FIREWALLS FOR PROTECTING AND PRESERVING PRIVATE RESOURCES ON THE INTERNET. Ahamed, S. S. Riaz // Journal of Theoretical & Applied Information Technology;2008, Vol. 4 Issue 2, p149
Computer and network security are challenging topics among executives and managers of computer corporations. Internet security is the practice of protecting and preserving private resources and information on the Internet. Even discussing security policies may seem to create a potential...