Tecs woo graduates to dam local brain drain
- Hospital work placements. Hobby, Angharad // Optometry Today;12/12/2014, Vol. 54 Issue 24, p17
A personal narrative is presented which explores the author's hospital-based experience during her pre-registration period as an optometrist.
- Anxious moments. Windsor, Sam // Nursing Standard;8/23/2006, Vol. 20 Issue 50, p61
The article narrates the author's experience being assigned at a cardiac high dependency unit. She was very exited about the prospect and keen to discover how different it was from her previous placements. In one incident, she became involved in administering cardiac resuscitation wherein she...
- COLLEGE PLACEMENT COUNCIL, INC. (CPC). Giordani, Pattie // NACE Journal;Fall2005, Vol. 66 Issue 1, p17
Focuses on the establishment of the College Placement Publications Council in the U.S. in June 1956. Objectives of the council; Advantages of the decision of the council to use computers in the 1970s; Expansion of the association's services offering employer roundtables, management training...
- placement highlights. // SMART NewZine;Monsoon2014, Vol. 3 Issue 11, p18
The article focuses on a campus placement organised by the Apparel Training & Design Centre (ATDC) computer training school at its Rohini centre in India on June 24, 2015
- Cook recruits 10 graduates. // Travel Trade Gazette UK & Ireland;8/20/2004, Issue 2628, p4
Thomas Cook has taken on 10 graduates in a fast-track yearlong training scheme claiming they are its "managers of the future." It is the first formal programme of graduate placements at the group for several years. Clive Adkin, director of human resources, said "Each graduate will gain...
- Workshop in College Placement Accounting. Pescow, Jerome K.; Tambrino, Paul A. // Accounting Review;Jul69, Vol. 44 Issue 3, p623
During the Summer of 1968, Hofstra University offered a five-week workshop for prospective teachers of college placement accounting. The workshop was organized as a three-credit course in the Hofstra School of Education. The workshop was organized as a three-credit course in the Hofstra School...
- Tempt students with rural advantages. Harris, Caleb // New Zealand Doctor;3/13/2013, p8
The article discusses the advantages and challenges of the rural settings in pursuing medical careers among students in New Zealand. It says that rural immersion placement cost is much higher than those hospitals in Auckland but Sue Pullon, Multi-disciplinary Immersion Programmme director, says...
- UB, Marrakech join to offer degree in human services. Bruno, Beth // Fairfield County Business Journal;3/14/2005, Vol. 44 Issue 11, p19
The article reports that the University of Bridgeport and Marrakech Inc., a human services organization, have created ways to provide job-training, placement and accelerated degree programs for their respective staff members and students. Since 1988, the University of Bridgeport's School of...
- Share and share alike. Arthur, Audrey // Black Enterprise;Feb97, Vol. 27 Issue 7, p62
Part I. Offers advice on alternate job resources, specifically college career placement offices. Reciprocal services offered by some colleges; Advances of reciprocity.