Business schools learn to innovate
- STUDENTS ADVISE CHEVRON ON SUPPLY CHAIN. Garonzik, Asher // McCombs Exchange;2006, p7
Provides information on the modeling tool developed by three McCombs School of Business students under the supervision of Steve Gilbert, which aims to help Chevron Corp. with regards to its supply chain management. Significance of the modeling tool to the company's optimal contract terms;...
- SCHOOL LAUNCHES MCCOMBS ADVENTURE PROGRAM FOR INCOMING MBAS. McCann, Kate // McCombs Exchange;2006, p8
Provides information on the McCombs Adventure Program introduced by McCombs School of Business at the University of Texas in Austin, Texas. Tourists spots visited by MBA students during their Costa Rica trip; Significance of program to the students' professional development.
- This Revolution Starts At The Top. O'Connor, Roderick F. // Columbia Journal of World Business;Fall66, Vol. 1 Issue 4, p39
In Southern Colombia, some fifty miles east of the Pacific Ocean, lies the Cauca Valley, a narrow enclave of rich soil and poor people, for centuries walled off from both the sea and the rest of the country by impassable mountain barriers. The valley is only 100 miles long and thirty miles wide,...
- What can we learn from Gambian villagers? Jones, Graham; Dexter, Barbara // International Journal of Management Education (Oxford Brookes Un;2009, Vol. 7 Issue 2, p41
This paper is based on reflections on a research project in social learning in Lower Saloum, one of the poorest areas of The Gambia. Village Aid's development programme there uses Freirian approaches to address women's literacy and marginalisation in the social, political and economic spheres....
- Wellness programming: Does student choice relate to recognized development vectors? Elleven, Russell K.; Spaulding, Donald J. // College Student Journal;Jun97, Vol. 31 Issue 2, p228
Examines the choices students make in relationship to vectors of student development in traditional universities in the United States. Efforts of metropolitan university to establish a reputation in student affairs; Involvement of students in the process of selecting and presenting student...
- Making the college leap. Savoye, Craig // Christian Science Monitor;3/28/2000, Vol. 92 Issue 87, p13
Comments on efforts to ease the transition of students from high school to college-level academic work.
- Developing underprepared college students' question-answering skill. Taraban, Roman; Becton, Stacia M. // Journal of Developmental Education;Fall97, Vol. 21 Issue 1, p20
Presents a study which focused on the development of underprepared college students' reading comprehension skill. Method used to test the comprehension skill of the students; Results of the study.
- Workforce development is a many splintered thing. Leach, Ernest R. // Community College Week;08/25/97, Vol. 10 Issue 2, p4
Editorial. Focuses on the expansion of their workforce development programs by community colleges in the United States over the past 10 years starting from 1997. Reason for the expansion of these programs; Reference to the changing economic and social forces; Results of a national survey in...
- Colleges push to raise high school standards, lower remediation rates. Chenoweth, Karin // Community College Week;08/25/97, Vol. 10 Issue 2, p8
Reports on the increase in the need for remediation and developmental education, by first-time college students. Reference to the governor of Massachusetts endorsing a state legislator's plan which requires high school graduates who remediation to reimburse the colleges that provided it;...