Pay and benefits
- Blair faces row on ...4 an hour. Anderson, Paul // New Statesman & Society;9/30/94, Vol. 7 Issue 322, p19
Reports on the plan of the Transport and General Workers' Union to ensure the four pound an hour minimum wage.
- T&G repeats call for Â£10 an hour. // Commercial Motor;7/10/2003, Vol. 198 Issue 5036, p12
Presents information on the proposal of the Transport & General Workers Union regarding the minimum wage for truck drivers after the implementation of the Working Time Directive in Great Britain. Background on the perception of the public regarding the road haulage industry; Problems of truck...
- Union repeat call for Â£10/hr... but in vain. // Commercial Motor;12/2/2004, Vol. 200 Issue 5107, p8
Reports on the efforts of the Transport & General Workers Union ( T&G) to reaffirm its commitment for a Â£ 10-an hour minimum wage for truck drivers in Great Britain as of December 2004. Impact of the proposed pay deal on employers according to Ruth Pott, head of employment for the Road...
- Interview: Bill Morris. Richards, Steve // New Statesman;02/27/98, Vol. 127 Issue 4374, p14
Interviews Bill Morris, trade union leader of the Transport and General Workers' Union (TGWU), regarding his views on trade union recognition and issues surrounding it. Significance of trade union recognition; Level of minimum wages; Caution on the increase in spending beyond limits planned by...
- T&G wins Â£11/hr for UPS van drivers as it targets parcels. Sheppard, Guy // Commercial Motor;12/1/2005, Vol. 202 Issue 5155, p12
The article focuses on the effort of the Transport & General Workers Union to achieve minimum employment standards for workers in the parcels distribution sector after achieving a pay deal for UPS van drivers in Great Britain. According to national secretary Steve Turner, guaranteed minimum...
- Transport Workers discuss merger. // Monthly Labor Review;Dec81, Vol. 104 Issue 12, p59
Announces that delegates of Transport Workers established a Mass Transit Division during the union's 16h convention. Adoption of a resolution calling for consideration of a possible merger with the Amalgamated Transit Union; Plan of action of the division.
- ITF reinforces its campaign against flagging out. Cottrill, Ken // Traffic World;1/29/96, Vol. 245 Issue 5, p19
Reports that the International Transport Workers Federation is reinforcing its campaign against flag-of-convenience (FOC) vessels to counter what it says is continued growth in the number of substandard ships operated by rogue ship owners. Percentage of world fleet which is classified as FOC;...
- Teamsters charge corruption. // Overdrive;May95, Vol. 35 Issue 5, p29
Reports that charges of corruption have been leveled against Teamsters local, Chicago Local 705, by the international Teamsters union. Lawsuit against Local 705's former officials; Goal to recover missing fund from Local 705's pension fund.
- Mexico City: Bus-stop blues. // Time International (South Pacific Edition);4/24/95, Issue 16, p16
Reports on corruption in a bus union in Mexico City, Mexico.