Clarke lifts tax threat to staff share options
- The ESOP Succession. Frisch, Robert A. // Financial Planning;Jan2003, Vol. 33 Issue 1, p52
Provides information on employee stock-ownership plans (ESOP). Benefits of the plans to business owners; Comparison of an ESOP with a profit-sharing plan; Function of an ESOP.
- Profit sharing as an employee motivator. // Management Review;Jul83, Vol. 72 Issue 7, p57
Reports on the finding that profit sharing can still motivate all kinds of workers if it is presented in the right way by management according to the Profit Sharing Research Foundation. Classification of employees according to what motivates them; Factors to consider in order for profit sharing...
- Reporting on directors remuneration. // People Management;Nov2013, p15
The article reports on the introduction of employee-shareholder contracts on September 1, 2013 in Great Britain in order to enhance employees' rights for profit sharing.
- Impatience of the Intellect, or Why We Confuse things with the Word 'Socialist' Popov, Vladimir // Problems of Economic Transition;Jan1994, Vol. 36 Issue 9, p57
Discusses the transformation of developed capitalist economies in West European countries. Application of socialist principles of management by private capitalist firms; Worker participation in management, in profits and in ownership of company shares; Difficulties with the financing of...
- The Downside of 'Secret' Profit Sharing. // Workforce (10928332);Apr2003, Vol. 82 Issue 4, p58
Answers several questions regarding personnel management. Problems posed by implementing a secret profit-sharing program in a company; Ways of devising a standardized compensation and rewards system for the employees of an international group of companies; Factors to consider in establishing...
- Profit Sharing Plans vs. Pension Plans (Book). // Benefits Quarterly;1988 First Quarter, Vol. 4 Issue 1, p90
Presents an abstract of the article "Profit Sharing Plans vs. Pension Plans," by Michael I. Lew, which appeared in the September 1987 "Profit Sharing."
- BOUNCING BACK? Rowley, David // Employee Benefits;Aug2003, p24
Investigates the issues involving employee share schemes in Great Britain. Impact of the International Accounting Standard Board rules which will place employee share awards on companies' profit and loss accounts; Increasing number of employers who are reducing the amounts put into their...
- A New Direction and Growth in Profit Sharing. Engen, Gunnar // Monthly Labor Review;Jul67, Vol. 90 Issue 7, p1
Highlights trends in profit sharing in the United States, as of 1966. Underlying rationale for profit sharing; Principles of profit sharing; Direction of profit sharing after World War II; Percentage of businesses with profit sharing plans; Types of profit sharing plans.
- Choosing the right retirement plan for your employees. FAY, W. DAVID // Inside Tucson Business;10/12/2012, Vol. 22 Issue 19, p22
The article offers the author's discussion on various retirement plans for employees which include the Simplified Employee Pension IRA plan (SEP IRA), profit-sharing plan and money purchase plan.