UK firms jump the EWC
- Carl Bufalini. Carlstone, Linda Mae // Crain's Chicago Business;5/06/96, Vol. 19 Issue 19, pR16
Highlights the agency called North Business and Industrial Council (NORBIC) whose executive director is Carl Bufanlini. What agency does in relation to grass-roots economic development; Steps taken by agency in dealing with businesses; Other role of agency; Specialized resource center found at...
- Plans for new medical-firm incubator and seed fund unveiled. Heikens, Norm // Indianapolis Business Journal;9/27/93, Vol. 14 Issue 26, p10A
Reports on the Indiana Medical Device Manufacturers Council's plans for an incubator and a seed capital fund targeted at startup medical technology firms. Negotiations to use Catheter Research Inc.'s facility; Mechanics of the fund; Role of fund manager.
- Getting the EWC you want. Paul, Kirsten // People Management;7/13/1995, Vol. 1 Issue 14, p31
Suggests a structural analysis in setting-up a European works councils in a company. Assessment of industrial relations strategy; Evaluation of a management team agenda; Provisions on training programs for its employees; Selection of location and topics for the council meeting.
- Teaching self-management skills to young offenders. // Corrections Today;Feb96, Vol. 58 Issue 1, p85
Reports that teaching self-management skills to young offenders, is essential to change old beliefs and alter patterns of behavior. Principles a self-control instructor should follow.
- Measuring self-managed workteams. Henderson, Dale; Green, Fess // Journal for Quality & Participation;Jan/Feb97, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p52
Presents a study which sought to identify and describe existing survey instruments that may help assess perceptions related to self-managing workteams. Types of techniques that are used; Use of the team effectiveness survey; Background on the concepts that are used; Identification of benefits...
- India's innovation czar. Jayaraman, Killugudi // Nature Biotechnology;Feb2012, Vol. 30 Issue 2, p124
The article reports on the approval given by the Indian government to the creation of Biotechnology Industry Research Assistance Council (BIRAC), a not-for-profit company dedicated to enhancing innovation within the biotechnology industry.
- Hungary-Saudi Arabia business council formed in Budapest. // Hungary A.M.;11/8/2013, p8
The article reports on a bilateral business council established by representatives of Hungary and Saudi Arabia in Budapest, Hungary.
- Firms may pay more for hasty EWC deals. Overell, Stephen // People Management;5/30/1996, Vol. 2 Issue 11, p8
Reports companies in United Kingdom are confused and ignorant about the work's council's directive to be implemented by September of 1996. Views of Alla Wild, advisor of major employers organization on voluntary deals signed before September; Possible effects of the directive on European work...
- Arts Board seeks volunteers to serve on committees. // Lakelander (Whitney, TX);8/5/2009, Vol. 23 Issue 31, p4
The article announces that Lake Whitney Arts' Board is seeking for volunteers who are willing to help the committee responsibilities and decision-making.