Vocational learning at your own expense
- Collecting Training Cost Data. Weinstein, Laurence M. // Training & Development Journal;Aug82, Vol. 36 Issue 8, p30
Discusses key issues concerning the collection of data on costs accrued from occupational training programs. Cost-benefit analysis strategies; Framework for identifying training costs; Implications on occupational training and manpower development.
- Training budgets weather the recession. McIntyre, Dave // Canadian Business Review;Summer92, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p33
Examines some of the broad trends in spending on training and development, with particular emphasis on the effect the recession has had on budgets. Goals of the study by the Human Resource Development Centre; Results of the study.
- THE COST OF LABOR POWER AND EXPENDITURES ON TRAINING. Shchetinin, V. // Problems of Economics;Sep74, Vol. 17 Issue 5, p83
Focuses on the relationship between the cost of labor power and expenditures related to occupational training. Expenditures on skilled and unskilled labor; Interrelationship between skill level of worker and value of the products produced by him; Ability of skilled labor power to create more...
- Do the Benefits of Training Justify the Costs? Lombardo, Cynthia A. // Training & Development Journal;Dec89, Vol. 43 Issue 12, p60
Reports on a study about the opinion of training managers on why cost-benefit analysis of training is so rarely used. Incentive for initiating cost-benefit analysis; Benefits provided by the cost-benefit analysis; Scope of responsibility and authority of training managers.
- Added value. Tulip, Sam // People Management;1/23/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 2, p50
Focuses on the strategies to reduce cost of employee training and development. Measurements of training effectiveness; Discussion of the indirect cost of training; Information on the programs of training provider Syndicate Training; Savings from the in-house training approach of The Mind Gym.
- Conceptual Issues in Evaluating Training Programs. Weisbrod, Burton A. // Monthly Labor Review;Oct66, Vol. 89 Issue 10, p1091
Discusses the benefits and costs of manpower training programs and presents some suggestions regarding measurement methods. Assessment of the need to evaluate training programs in terms of their effects on efficiency of resource allocation and on the distribution of income; Program objectives...
- Global learning. // PC Week;7/08/96, Vol. 13 Issue 27, pE3
Presents a graph showing the cost of training people in information technology. Breakdown of the cost by geographical region.
- EVALUATE THE COST/BENEFIT OF TRAINING. Henry, John // Food & Beverage Packaging;Mar2008, Vol. 72 Issue 3, p32
The article evaluates the cost and benefit of training. The author states that costs are usually the easier part of the equation which include materials, hiring an instructor or renting a training facility. Benefits of training are more vague as this is where many people may throw up their...
- How much is the training worth? Phillips, Jack J. // Training & Development;Apr96, Vol. 50 Issue 4, p20
Part III. Shows how to determine rate-of-return on job training. Basic formula for calculating return on investment; Steps for converting hard or soft data to monetary values;Conversion of output to contribution; Calculating the cost of quality; Conversion of employees' time; Resolving the...