Employers recognise value of counselling
- Correction. // Employee Benefit News;May2006, Vol. 20 Issue 6, p11
Presents a correction to the article "Employers Beware: Is Your EAP Licensed?" that was published in the October 2005 issue.
- EAPS: Better Onsite or Offsite? Collins, Kenneth // Behavioral Health Management;Mar/Apr2000, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p42
Focuses on a survey conducted by EAP Support Systems to examine the efficacy of onsite and offsite employee assistance program in the United States. Utilization rate of onsite programs; Reason onsite programs have more supervisory referrals; Percentage of employees who are treated for substance...
- Directory deadlines approaching. // Business Insurance;3/11/2002, Vol. 36 Issue 10, p4
Reports the publication of the Directory of Employee Assistance Programs (EAP) and the Directory of Dependent Care Resource and Referral Services Providers by the 'Business Insurance' journal in the U.S. Features of the directories; Introduction of companies providing EAP services; Requirements...
- Not just a handout. Tittemore, James // CA Magazine;Aug94, Vol. 127 Issue 6, p49
Focuses on the role of employee assistance programs (EAPs) in corporate management. EAP's history; Benefits to employees and employers.
- Will Cty. seeks competitive edge with jobs fund. Gross, Daniel // Crain's Chicago Business;12/16/96, Vol. 19 Issue 51, p9
States that Joliet, and Will County have launched a five-year initiative dubbed Competitive Edge, which is aimed at diversifying the county's job base. Value of the initiative; Funding of the initiative; Comments from Bill Frederick, principal at Wadley-Donovan group Incorporated.
- Testing, testing 1-2-3. McCune, Jenny C. // Management Review;Jan96, Vol. 85 Issue 1, p50
Reports that one successful military technique which has been transplanted to civilian life is that of checkrides or otherwise known as employee skills testing. Date of establishment of technique; Comments by Terry Bangs, jet fighter flyer in the Vietnam War; Development of standardized...
- Employee-assistance programs shaping `lean and mean' firms. Petersen, Carolyn // Managed Healthcare;Aug97, Vol. 7 Issue 8, p6
Discusses the relevance of employee assistance programs on corporations in the United States. Maintenance of an open door for employees seeking help; Evaluation of the problems within the company due to its risk-management approach; Prevention of substance abuse among employees; Means to help...
- Alcohol Problems in the Workplace. Brock, C. Peter // Public Personnel Management;Winter87, Vol. 16 Issue 4, p345
Focuses on the role of alcohol assistance programs in the evolution of employee assistance programs in the U.S. Distinction between programs dealing with alcohol-related problems and drug-related problems; Foundation of employee assistance movement; Management of people in drug and alcohol...
- Errors & Omissions. // Business Insurance;7/2/2007, Vol. 41 Issue 27, p4
A correction to the article "EAPs Heavy on Variety, Light on Enrollees" published in the June 25, 2007 issue is presented.