Multiple employer severance and death benefit plans
- Beverage executives fair well in severance, survey finds. K.P.K // Beverage Industry;Nov95, Vol. 86 Issue 11, p20
Reports on the findings of a study on severance payments to different industry executives, according to outplacement consulting firm Lee Hecht Harrison of New York. Generous severance payments for food, beverage and tobacco employees; Benefits continuation; Medical benefits.
- Sweet so longs. // Restaurant Business;8/10/95, Vol. 94 Issue 12, p56
Focuses on the severance pay received by chief executive officers upon their dismissal from employment. Amount that a CEO could receive in terms of discharge benefits; Exit packages as a pre-condition of employment; Risk in taking a new assignment.
- Four steps to establishing a sound severance pay plan. Zalik, Stephen // Supervision;Jun94, Vol. 55 Issue 6, p3
Discusses the factors that need to be considered in establishing a sound severance pay plan. Conditions under which severance pay will and will not be paid; Eligibility requirements and benefits payable; Form of the plan; Legal considerations; Requirements of the older workers benefits...
- Manufacturers are on target with severance policy. // Supervision;Sep91, Vol. 52 Issue 9, p26
Presents the percentage of the manufacturers in the United States which have a formal severance policy in place to cover layoffs or other termination situations. Findings of extensive survey of corporate severance policies; Comments of Frank P. Louchheim on the study.
- Does your severance plan make the cut? Flynn, Gillian // Personnel Journal;Aug95, Vol. 74 Issue 8, p32
Offers employers some guidelines for providing a severance package. Why companies offer severance packages; Whether to implement formal or informal severance policy; Description of the severance policies implemented by several companies including Coors Brewing Co. and Weyerhaeuser Co. INSET:...
- Severance agreements. Urban, Jim // Executive Report;Nov96, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p47
Focuses on severance agreements. Handling concerns; Insulation from liability; Factors in determining whether an employee knowingly and voluntarily agreed to a severance package. INSET: What does severance cost?..
- Severance plans shift away from cash. Szabo, Joan // HRMagazine;Jul96, Vol. 41 Issue 7, p104
Discusses the expansion of the scope of severance package of employees in the United States. Addressing of employees' need for outplacement services and benefits; Importance of the cash component of the package; Need to determine the needs of a planned layoff; Need to state the calculation of...
- Golden parachutes grow in popularity. // Indianapolis Business Journal;09/02/96, Vol. 17 Issue 24, p21A
Reports on the results of a study showing that fifty-seven percent of public companies offer severance packages in case a company changes hands. Percentage changes; Statistics.
- Large companies more likely to provide generous severance. // Westchester County Business Journal;11/27/95, Vol. 34 Issue 48, p32
Presents a reprint of Lee Hect Harrison's Compass newsletter, pertaining to a report based on a survey of human resources executives that covers policy procedures, eligibility, calculations, and other related topics. Findings.