Release the public speaker in you
- Speak easy. Levine, Karen // LAN: Life Association News;Aug97, Vol. 92 Issue 8, p70
Focuses on the importance of speech in selling life insurance policies. Role and functions of public speaking in selling life insurance policies; Role of insurance sales as performance art; List of industry professionals speaking on topics as new sales ideas and agent ethics; Tips on public...
- More fun than money. Scholp, Alexander J. // LAN: Life Association News;Sep98, Vol. 93 Issue 9, p176
Relates author's experiences in selling life insurance (LI). Opportunity to choose location in the United States to set up the selling practice; Factors affecting financial success and happiness in the LI business; Experience of giving a presentation to other LI agents.
- Life, Annuity Sales Edge Higher. BELL, ALLISON // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;9/5/2011, Vol. 115 Issue 17, p12
The article reports that the sale of insurance policies has been increased by one percent in the second quarter of 2011 in the U.S., according to the life insurance survey done by Life Insurance and Market Research Association (LIMRA), Windsor, Connecticut.
- EIA certification does support sales. Hahn, Alan C. // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;6/16/98, Vol. 102 Issue 11, p12
Examines the benefits of certification programs for equity indexed annuities (EIA). Approaches used by several insurance companies in marketing the product; Importance of certification programs for EIA; Questions to ask before signing up for a certification program.
- Illustrating the issue. Carson, James M.; Forster, Mark D. // Best's Review / Life-Health Insurance Edition;Jun97, Vol. 98 Issue 2, p62
Examines marketing and ethical issues that need to be addressed by life insurers in the United States in providing policy illustrations. Sales presentations that accurately portray the relative effect of all important policy credits and charges; Correlation of surrender values to policy credits...
- Bringing down the house. Stein, Robert // Best's Review / Life-Health Insurance Edition;Jun97, Vol. 98 Issue 2, p67
Offers insights on enhancing the sales of life insurance products in the United States. Focus on bringing value to customers in clearly defined and understood ways; Ineffectiveness of the strategy of attempting to excel in every activity; Alignment of relationships between distribution channels...
- English lessons. Panko, Ron // Best's Review / Life-Health Insurance Edition;Jun97, Vol. 98 Issue 2, p68
Examines selling lessons that can be learned by United States-based life insurers from the British experience. Recovery of Great Britain's life insurance industry from sales misconduct; Improvement in regulatory oversight of the industry; Focus on rules for training and competence among...
- Developing `the right stuff'. Berry, Richard K. // Best's Review / Life-Health Insurance Edition;Jun97, Vol. 98 Issue 2, p75
Offers insights on selling life insurance products in the United States. Translation of market intelligence into competitive consumer offerings; Application of results of a market research; Recruitment, development, management and retention of productive salespeople.
- Speak loudly, and carry a big filofax. // LAN: Life Association News;Aug97, Vol. 92 Issue 8, p72
Features several industry speakers of life insurance policies who decided to incorporate their public appearances in different ways. Mission of Betty Talley with agents in the Pennsylvania community; Micki Hosley's public speeches in venues with appearances at the industry's highly produced...