Petersen's high-income DI plan
- Broker adds HIV benefit to disability ins. policy. Koco, Linda // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;7/5/93, Vol. 97 Issue 27, p23
Reports on the inclusion by Petersen International Insurance Brokers of Valencia, California of a built-in coverage that pays in event of infection by HIV virus. Previous attempt to market a stand-alone HIV policy; HIV coverage provision to its High Limit Disability Insurance Program; As type...
- Excess medical plan covers above the base plan maximum. // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;6/2/97, Vol. 101 Issue 22, p27
States that Petersen International's excess medical policy will start to pay benefits after the insured's lifetime maximum benefit has been reached. Name of policy; Detailed information on plan.
- Petersen's international major medical. Jones, Chuck // LAN: Life Association News;Jul98, Vol. 93 Issue 7, p54
Focuses on Valencia, California-based Petersen International's updated international major medical plan called USAaway providing substantial coverage to people traveling outside the United States. Coverage of USAaway; Maximum benefit offered by the medical plan; Exclusions of the medical plan.
- High court passes on ADA case. // Business Insurance;01/26/98, Vol. 32 Issue 4, p2
Reports on the United States Supreme Court ruling in the case `Ouida Sue Parker verses Metropolitan Life Insurance Company, Schering-Plough Corporation and Schering-Plough Health Care Products Incorporated.' Contentions of the ruling; Charges made by attorneys for the plaintiff.
- Expect the unexpected. Harris, Joseph // CA Magazine;Sep94, Vol. 127 Issue 7, p54
Focuses on the importance of disability insurance in Canada. Protection of a partner's ability to earn an income; Inclusion of the terms of a buy-sell agreement in the partnership agreement; Consideration in devising a buy-sell agreement; Buyout funding options; Factors to consider in developing...
- Take the seven claims approach when buying disability income. Anderson, W. Ronald // CPA Journal;Jul96, Vol. 67 Issue 7, p68
Makes observations concerning disability insurance in the United States. Changes to the disability income product; Increase in insurance premiums while lowering indemnities and reducing claims; Disability income coverage claim scenarios.
- What to Look for In Disability Insurance. Katt, Peter C. // Consumers' Research Magazine;Feb1993, Vol. 76 Issue 2, p21
Offers advice on how to choose the most appropriate disability insurance. Risk that the average individual will suffer a disability; Factors to consider when seeking insurance; Policy options; Assessment of how options are beneficial; Tax considerations.
- Disability insurance sector undergoing change in Puerto Rico. Johnston, Robert D. // Caribbean Business;4/13/1995, Vol. 23 Issue 15, pS7
Focuses on the disability insurance industry in Puerto Rico. Benefit claims; Potential collapse of the market; Coverages; Characteristics of individual disability income policies.
- Disability management in Canada: Rights and responsibilities. Steeves, Leslie; Smithies, Roger // Employee Benefits Journal;Mar1998, Vol. 23 Issue 1, p37
Reports on the rights and responsibilities of employers in disability management in Canada. Intervention between plan sponsor and employee; Prevention; Contact and communication; Return to work; Termination.