Have a piece of the Web
- Insurers vow to use ADR in disaster. Esters, Stephanie D. // National Underwriter / Property & Casualty Risk & Benefits Manag;3/4/96, Vol. 100 Issue 10, p17
States that insurance companies have joined together to help unfortunate victims of major disaster. Views of Peter Kaskell, vice president of the CPR Institute for Dispute Resolution in New York; Pledge initiated by CPR.
- Sharing health data keeps client relations in shape. Herter, Theresa M. // Best's Review / Life-Health Insurance Edition;Jul96, Vol. 97 Issue 3, p84
Reports on the increasing number of insurance companies' developing systems that enable them to share with individual clients some of the key medical information obtained during the underwriting process; Why news media can replace a medical database; Implications for agents.
- Insurer financial planning web site tools proliferate. Friedman, Amy S. // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;6/23/97, Vol. 101 Issue 25, p7
Reports that many major insurance companies have put financial planning tools and educational materials on their web sites, to assist consumers and agents in learning the basic strategies for saving, deploying and protecting their assets. Elements found on most sites; Description and evaluation...
- Market Conduct Pilot Launches This Week. Connolly, Jim // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;10/7/2002, Vol. 106 Issue 40, p50
Reports the launching of data collection project that used as basis for targeting market conduct examinations of insurance companies in Kansas City, Missouri. Guidance on market conduct compliance; Supplement of insurer's annual statement; State laws on public information.
- Insurers are concerned about information security. // Best's Review / Property-Casualty Insurance Edition;Feb95, Vol. 95 Issue 10, p70
Reports about the study by Ernst & Young and Information Week magazine highlighting concern of managers of banks and insurance companies regarding information security.
- Establishing a home page. Ticehurst, Darrell J.; Helm, Douglas H. // Best's Review / Life-Health Insurance Edition;Oct96, Vol. 97 Issue 6, p116
Focuses on the creation of an Internet home page for insurance companies. Selection of an Internet provider; Getting an Internet address from a provider specializing in the insurance industry; Web page content; Steps in developing content for a home page.
- Industry is taking initial steps on the Internet. Friedman, Amy S. // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;8/28/95, Vol. 99 Issue 35, p2
Reports on the entry of insurance companies on the Internet through the establishment of home pages. Importance of two-way communications with users; Use of the Internet to market insurance.
- Companies lag on Internet training. King, Carole Ann // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;1/26/98, Vol. 102 Issue 4, p7
Focuses on what insurance companies are doing to train their agents on using the Internet. Comments made by Robert Liss, an agent with New York Life; Views from observers on this issue; Reference to findings of a survey done by LIMRA International of Connecticut; Comparison of information...
- The Value of Collaboration. Landberg, Steven // Best's Review;Dec2002, Vol. 103 Issue 8, p107
Focuses on the value of online information collaboration among insurers. Improvement on specific business processes; Provision of specific solutions for the needs of insurance investors; Time and effort savings on both parties.