Industry forms demutual admiration society
- Poster Asks About Underwriter's 'Unusual' Request. // National Mortgage News;4/26/2010, Vol. 34 Issue 30, p8
The article presents various issues and topics concerning an underwriter's request to a buyer.
- Scrutiny produces response. Roberts, SALLY // Business Insurance;04/30/2001, Vol. 35 Issue 18, p32
Reports the impact of the scrutiny on business regulations and practices in the Cayman Islands of the British West Indies by international organizations. Reaction of the government; Comments from industry executives; Description of the quality and effectiveness of business regulations.
- Hardening, review of PCC ban may stem market malaise. Aldred, Carolyn // Business Insurance;04/30/2001, Vol. 35 Issue 18, p46
Focuses on the status of the captive insurance industry in the Isle of Man. Effect of the review of protected cell companies ban on the industry; Role of taxation on industry growth; Impact of the inclusion in the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development.
- Small U.S. businesses fuel rapid growth in B.V.I. Mcleod, Douglas // Business Insurance;04/30/2001, Vol. 35 Issue 18, p49
Focuses on the growth of the captive insurance industry in the British Virgin Islands (BVI). Role of small United States businesses in industry growth; Advantages of the BVI over larger domiciles; Effect of the strengthening of government regulations on the industry.
- PUERTO RICO'S LARGEST HEALTH INSURANCE COMPANIES. // Caribbean Business;6/14/2001, Vol. 29 Issue 24, p52
Presents the largest health insurance companies in Puerto Rico. Names of the insurers; Total premiums written; Health reform premiums; Number of policyholders; Top executive and title.
- OUTSIDE EDGE. Kempster, Tony // Money Marketing;9/11/2003, p30
Looks at how life insurance companies can compete to in the financial services industry in Great Britain. Ways in which life companies can add value for customers and distribution; Role of insurance companies in directing capital to industry and commerce for investment; Impact of the Sandler...
- Insured gains. Whitman, Martin J. // Financial World;7/8/96, Vol. 165 Issue 10, p88
Presents a discussion on the prospects of financial insurance companies in the United States. Author's recommendation of the stocks of four such companies; Reasons for their excellent, long-term growth prospects; Long-term industry problems.
- Chapter two. // Insurance Advocate;07/12/97, Vol. 108 Issue 27, p1
Reports on the participation of insurance industry trade groups in hearings on financial services sector reform held by the House Banking Committee and House Finance Subcommittee. Mixed position to an amendment for the establishment of federal licensing standards for insurance products;...
- Prudential settlement delayed. Timmons, Tony // Las Vegas Business Press;01/13/97, Vol. 14 Issue 2, p20
Presents developments in the financial services and insurance industries in Las Vegas, Nevada for the week of January 13-19, 1996. Prudential Insurance's settlement of a class action lawsuit related to deceptive sales practices; Local banks' pledge of financial assistance to flood victims in...
- Finance & insurance. Timmons, Tony // Las Vegas Business Press;03/03/97, Vol. 14 Issue 9, p22
Presents developments in the financial services and insurance industries in Las Vegas, Nevada for the week of January 13-19, 1996. Las Vegas Business Bank's secondary private stock offering; Enterprise Community Federal Credit Union's grand opening; Hartford's introduction of a Home Business...