Toward more competent leadership
- Insurance. Robberds, Mark // Asian Business Review;Dec96, p93
States that Asia's growing middle class and general growth of Asian economies have lead to an increasing number of insurance oriented companies entering the region. Comments by Alan Beanland, general manager of Colonial Mutual Asia Pacific; Importance of motor insurance.
- The insurance industry: Navigating the sea of change. DePrince Jr., Albert E.; Ford, William F. // Business Economics;Oct93, Vol. 28 Issue 4, p9
Highlights the evolution of the products and services offered by the insurance industry and the economic forces driving this evolution. Changes in revenue sources; Survivability of property and casualty insurers; Taxes; Demographic changes; Blurring of financial institutions; Unbundling of...
- British issues. // Business Insurance;07/13/98, Vol. 32 Issue 28, p23
Presents statistical information on insurance companies in Great Britain, as reported on July 13, 1998.
- Briefly noted. // Business Insurance;08/10/98, Vol. 32 Issue 32, p22
Presents news briefs relating to the insurance companies in the United States. Plans of CNA Financial Corp., to reduce its work force and close several facilities; Naming of Ellen R. Dunkin as general counsel for the Risk and Insurance Management Society Inc.; Approval of the purchase of Mid...
- NAII exults in its diverse membership. Trout, Richard // Business Insurance;02/15/99, Vol. 33 Issue 7, p36B
Features the National Association of Independent Insurers (NAII) established in 1949 to provide a voice for the insurance industry's smaller segments and serve as a catalyst for the competitive marketplace. Number of member companies in 49 states.
- Namic guides mutuals through century of change. Zolkos, Rodd // Business Insurance;02/15/99, Vol. 33 Issue 7, p36H
Features the National Association of Mutual Insurance Cos. (NAMIC), the largest trade association for property/casualty insurance companies in the United States. Number of member companies; Issues facing the organization; Formation by NAMIC of its own bank, First Assurance Bank in recognition...
- NAII attracts 1,600. // Business Insurance;11/15/99, Vol. 33 Issue 46, p12
Reports on the number of registrants attracted by the National Association of Independent Insurers' annual meeting. Issues in the United States insurance sector that were discussed during the event; Speakers who participated in the meeting.
- Top insurance brokers. Barbarello, Kathleen // Business News New Jersey;4/14/97, Vol. 10 Issue 11, p21
Presents a chart of top insurance companies in New Jersey according to the April 14, 1997 issue of the periodical `Business News New Jersey.' Includes Diversified Health Marketers; Prudential Select Brokerage; Meeker Sharkey Financial Group.
- Life insurance companies: Assets held in Canada. // Bank of Canada Review;Autumn96, pS101
Presents statistical information on life insurance companies and their assets held in Canada from 1963-1995.
- Exporting expertise. Leatherdale, Douglas W. // Business Quarterly;Summer93, Vol. 57 Issue 4, p123
Discusses global opportunities for the insurance industry. Challenges to insurance companies; Emerging markets; Examples of companies expanding in foreign markets.