Such noble work
- `Triple X' May Drive Term Life Rates Higher. // Best's Review / Life-Health Insurance Edition;May99, Vol. 100 Issue 1, p76
Examines the impact of the Valuation of Life Insurance Policies Model Regulation on term life insurance prices in the United States. Background information on the regulation; Comments from industry officials.
- Don't Overlook This Key Policy. Jacobson, Robert L. // Nation's Business;Apr99, Vol. 87 Issue 4, p36
Focuses on term life insurance, which provides coverage for top executives. Reason people tend not to take the initiative when it comes to acquiring life insurance; Techniques for insuring key employees; Reason the cost of some term insurance has dropped; Pros and cons of key-person insurance...
- Buying life insurance that meets your needs. Preston, Susan Harrington // Medical Economics;12/14/98, Vol. 75 Issue 24, p120
Presents tips on buying life insurance policies that meet one's needs. Distinction between term and cash-value insurance; Variations of cash-value insurance; Whole life, universal life and variable insurance; Determination of the amount of insurance to buy. INSETS: Tips for shoppers.;What if...
- 20-year dividend comparisons. Gold, Andrew D.; Mabie, Robert L. // Best's Review / Life-Health Insurance Edition;Jul93, Vol. 94 Issue 3, p82
Compares the dividends paid to policyholders of $50,000 ordinary whole life policies issued in 1973 over a twenty year span. Inclusion of 59 major life insurers and six fraternal benefit societies; Criteria for selection of companies; Explanation of the tables.
- Universal Life five-year history. Mabie, Robert // Best's Review / Life-Health Insurance Edition;Sep93, Vol. 94 Issue 5, p97
Presents a statistical study of universal life policies of insurance companies for a period of five years. Examination of rates and values credited to a policy; Compilation from the 1993 edition of Best's Flitcraft Compend; Total expense charge deducted each year; Accumulation value; Surrender...
- Universal Life policy survey. Gold, Andrew D. // Best's Review / Life-Health Insurance Edition;Sep93, Vol. 94 Issue 5, p102
Features a universal life policy survey of insurance companies. Quartile rankings for current interest rate, current mortality charge and current accumulation value; Determination of product's distribution; Observation of pricing relationship between current interest and current mortality;...
- It's a bull market for variable life policies. Kevin McCarthy, J.; Cohen, Michael A. // Best's Review / Life-Health Insurance Edition;Aug94, Vol. 95 Issue 4, p50
Focuses on variable life insurance policies. Personal investors as a market for variable policies; Appreciation of policyholders to track the performance of their assets in financial publications; Agent and consumer understanding of life products; Selling variable life insurance policies.
- Winning the game. McDaniel, Dave // Best's Review / Life-Health Insurance Edition;Apr95, Vol. 95 Issue 12, p30
Focuses on variable products offered by insurance agents in the wake of competition from brokerage firms and banks in the life insurance market. Tax-deferred status of variable life products and variable annuities; Outstanding long-term potential for sales of variable products; Comparison of...
- Re-entry illustrations will haunt industry. Barney, Bob // Best's Review / Life-Health Insurance Edition;Aug95, Vol. 96 Issue 4, p54
Looks at the topic of re-entry options and premiums in the term insurance market in 1995. Legal issues related to re-entry term insurance; Definitions of `renewal' and `renewal premium'; The debate about regulation of life insurance illustrations; More.
- Ten-year level term 1996 $250,000 policy. // Best's Review / Life-Health Insurance Edition;Sep96, Vol. 97 Issue 5, p64
Presents a chart reflecting ten-year level term 1996 on a $250,000 worth of term insurance policy in the United States. Company name; Policy name; Premium; Total premium; Payments made.