Shielded from failure
- Maximum Value. Skydel, Seth // Fleet Equipment;Jan/Feb2003, Vol. 29 Issue 1/2, p7
Editorial. Focuses on the importance of outsourcing the warranty recovery process of motor vehicle fleets in the U.S. Ability of the company to utilize limited resources; Facilitation of an effortless and efficient solution for fleet warranty administration.
- KNOWING YOUR VEHICLE WARRANTIES CAN REALLY PAY OFF. Deierlein, Bob // Beverage World;9/15/2003, Vol. 122 Issue 9, p84
Provides information on vehicle warranties. Facts about warranties; Types of warranties; Discussion on the extended warranties.
- Did you know… Outsourcing maintenance? // Fleet Equipment;May2010, Vol. 36 Issue 5, p48
The article offers information on a survey conducted by CK Marketing on outsourcing maintenance by fleet operations in the U.S. It is said that 10 to 15 percent of shop procedures are typically outsourced by fleet functions that perform the majority of their own maintenance such as warranty and...
- Online warranty tracking for all. // Fleet Owner;Mar2008, Vol. 103 Issue 3, p96
The article reports on the single warranty-claims process offered by RapidWarranty.com for all major commercial truck components and brands. The process will all be done online via the web portal of the website. Bharat Thacker, president of RapidWarranty.com, stresses that their system has...
- TMC tackles conflicts over outside repairs. Vise, Avery // Commercial Carrier Journal;Jul2010, Vol. 167 Issue 7, p52
The article reports on the plan of the Service Provider Committee to develop recommended practices (RP) for service providers. The committee was formed by Technology & Maintenance Council (TMC) as a forum for bringing more dealers and garages into TMC to help set up a dialogue with fleets. A...
- Got power? PENNINGTON, D. MICHAEL // Fleet Equipment;Feb2013, Vol. 39 Issue 2, p12
The article focuses on long-living and maintenance-free batteries and discusses ways that would ensure long life for batteries. It is suggested that the fleet of vehicles need better battery maintenance procedures, both in use and in storage, to extend the battery's service life and to ensure...
- NEW ADDITIONS. // Contract Journal;6/13/2007, Vol. 438 Issue 6629, p16
This article reports on the purchase of several Cat 725 articulated dump trucks (ADTs) by Hawk Plant Hire from Finning Ltd. in Great Britain in 2007. The ADTs were bought with extended warranties and maintenance plans. The trucks will take the Cat ADT fleet of Hawk Plant Hire to 42.
- Reman components. SKYDEL, SETH // Fleet Equipment;Mar2013, Vol. 39 Issue 3, p44
The article discusses the growth of the remanufactured components market as fleets strive to maximize uptime and equipment life. According to Doug Wolma of Meritor, fleet goals for reman components include high quality, lower price and warranty. Benefits of remanufacturing include the ability to...
- All for one. Kilcarr, Sean // Fleet Owner;Mar2010, Vol. 105 Issue 3, p82
The article focuses on the subject of controlling maintenance cost. It is mentioned that to control maintenance costs, dealers, OEMs and fleets are working close together. It is also mentioned that managing all aspects of maintenance is very difficult for any fleet to handle alone. The...