- GCTA holds quarterly meeting. // Pipeline & Utilities Construction;May95, Vol. 50 Issue 5, p5
Reports on the Gulf Coast Trenchless Association's (GCTA)'s quarterly meeting at the Houston Engineering and Scientific Society (HESS) Building in Houston, Texas on March 3, 1995. Keynote speaker; Popularity of trenchless methods; Members of GCTA's 1995 Board of Directors.
- GCTA holds quarterly meeting. // Pipeline & Utilities Construction;Jan96, Vol. 51 Issue 1, p9
Reports on the fourth quarter membership meeting held on December 15, 1995 by the Gulf Coast Trenchless Association (GCTA). Location; Speaker.
- GCTA hosts reception; elects new officers. // Pipeline & Utilities Construction;Mar96, Vol. 51 Issue 3, p7
Reports on the Gulf Coast Trenchless Association's (GCTA) hosting of a reception at the 1996 Underground Construction Technology International Conference and Exhibition in New Orleans, Louisiana. GCTA's election of officers and board of directors for 1996; Slated first quarterly luncheon...
- Call first or cry later. // Southern Living;Mar96, Vol. 31 Issue 3, p131
Advises homeowners planning to dig in gardens to take the necessary safety measures to avoid damaging utility lines. Mandatory call to utility companies in certain states; Advice when damage to utility lines has been done.
- WHAT'S GOING ON WITH THE SEWERS? Senator, Jennifer // Atlanta;May2007, Vol. 47 Issue 1, p42
The article discusses various issues related to the sewerage problem prevailing in Atlanta, Georgia. It is informed that the Upper Chattahoochee Riverkeeper sued the city of Atlanta in 1995, and a federal court passed down two consent decrees to get the sewers fixed. The city purchased the...
- GCTA luncheon features directional drilling presentation. // Pipeline & Utilities Construction;Jul95, Vol. 50 Issue 7, p6
Reports on the highlights of the Gulf Coast Trenchless Association's quarterly meeting on June 9, 1995 in Houston, Texas. Featured speakers; Slide presentation of various directional drilling diagrams and jobs.
- GCTA officers. // Underground Construction;Apr98, Vol. 53 Issue 4, p5
Presents the elected officers and directors of the Gulf Coast Trenchless Association for 1998. Includes Steve Cornwall of Sharewell Inc.; Richard Croxton of Kinsel Industries; Seth Hinkley of Municipal Marketing Systems.
- Potholing puts safety first. Griffin, Jeff // Underground Construction;Apr98, Vol. 53 Issue 4, p29
Discusses vacuum excavation (VE), a method for preventing accidental utility strikes. Safety advantages over other conventional digging methods; Equipment comprising a self-contained VE unit; Value of VE for potholing.
- Utilities Damage Prevention Addressed At GCTA Luncheon. Read, Traci // Underground Construction;Nov2000, Vol. 55 Issue 11, p7
Focuses on the underground utility issues tackled at the Gulf Coast Trenchless Association meeting. Role of geophysical techniques on site assessment and examination of underground investigation; Guidelines to be followed before excavation begins; How to prevent excavation problems.