PNGTS receives recommendation for approval of a 20-year shipper
- Free Internet access for schools not much of a gift if it stifles competition. Metcalfe, Bob // InfoWorld;10/9/95, Vol. 17 Issue 41, p57
Comments on the Maine State Public Utilities Commission (PUC) and the New England Telephone Co.'s proposal to connect all Maine schools and libraries to the Internet. Background on the proposal; Proposal's impact on competition in telecommunications.
- Maine May Reassert Franchise Authority. Haugsted, Linda // Multichannel News;2/24/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 8, p26
Reports on the efforts of Maine lawmakers to change the state's cable regulations. Role of Public Utilities Commission in the change of cable regulations; Details of the proposed bill.
- US utility regulator says smart meters not harmful to health. // Sensors;4/11/2014, p58
The article reports on the investigation by the Maine Public Utilities Commission (PUC) in 2014 of concerns that radio frequency from meters and wireless networks are harmful to human health.
- Maine should not buy capacity on new gas pipeline, PUC staff says. DAY, JIM // Energy Daily;10/6/2014, Issue 192, p1
The article offers information on the advice of the staff of the Maine Public Utilities Commission with regard to the planned purchase of the state for gas pipeline capacity. Topics include the financing problem of the New England region, the Maine Energy Reduction Act, and the concept of an...
- Construction Begins on Second Phase of TransColorado Pipeline. // American Gas;Oct98, Vol. 80 Issue 9, p10
Announces that construction has begun on the second phase of the TransColorado pipeline project. Expected date of its completion; What the project can provide.
- Oman. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;1/7/2000, Vol. 44 Issue 1, p25
Reports on the contenders for the Sohar and Salalah gas pipeline contracts in Oman. Aggregate cost of the two pipelines; Finance proposals for the projects.
- Banks pile in for Oman gas pipeline loans. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;12/3/1999, Vol. 43 Issue 48, p4
Reports on the financing plans for the proposed 580 million dollar Sohar and Salalah gas pipeline projects in Oman. Technical bids for the project; Contractors and banking groups.
- IN BRIEF. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;12/3/1999, Vol. 43 Issue 48, p30
Reports on the financing of the Sohar and Salalah gas pipeline projects in Oman.
- Massachusetts electric utility seeks bonding ability to recoup stranded costs. Harris, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;11/18/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30771, p27
Reports on developments pertaining to public utilities in Massachusetts and Maine recent to November 18, 1999. Application of the Massachusetts Municipal Wholesale Electric Co. to issue bonds to recover stranded costs; Difficulties encountered by the Maine Public utilities Commission in finding...