Contractors eye larger HDD rigs
- The right mud mix critical for directional drilling. Griffin, Jeff // Pipeline & Utilities Construction;Oct96, Vol. 51 Issue 10, p32
Emphasizes the importance of determining the soil conditions for a successful directional drilling. Technique for an underground utility installation using horizontal directional boring equipment; Role of fluid in horizontal directional drilling; Water for drilling fluid; Maximizing mud...
- HDD subject of GCTA luncheon: CIGMAT lecture series supplies hdd information. Aucoin, Mary P. // Underground Construction;Jan1999, Vol. 54 Issue 1, p8
Reports that the concept of horizontal directional drilling (HDD) was discussed during the Gulf Coast Trenchless Association's bi-monthly luncheon meeting, held October 22, 1998, at the HESS building in Houston, Texas. Overview on the evolution of directional drilling; Fluid recirculation and...
- Trenchless Trends Discussed At GCTA. Read, Traci // Underground Construction;Apr2001, Vol. 56 Issue 4, p10
Offers a look at the trenchless technology that was discussed by Blackhawk Pipeline Assessment Services President Tom Iseley at the Gulf Coast Trenchless Association luncheon meeting in Houston, Texas. Technology advances in horizontal directional drilling; Significance of the technology.
- HDD Industry Receiving Bad Rap Regarding Accidents. Griffin, Jeff // Underground Construction;Apr2001, Vol. 56 Issue 4, p92
Discusses the accidents involving horizontal directional drills (HDD) that have hit underground utility lines. Restrictions imposed by some cities in the United States on HDD operations; Discussion on utility hits by other construction equipment; Why HDD easily gets the blame.
- UCT EDUCATIONAL TRACKS, Jan 30-Feb. 1. // Underground Construction;Oct2006 Supplement, p3
The article presents a lists of educational programs offered on the Underground Construction Technology International Conference and Exhibition from January 30 to February 1, 2007. Some of the topics that will be discussed include sewer and water rehabilitation technologies, trenchless...
- Untitled. // Underground Construction;Oct2006 Supplement, p5
The article presents information on several conventions related to underground construction technology. Some of the topics that will be discussed in the conventions include horizontal directional drilling, sewer construction and rehabilitation, underground utilities construction and...
- Study Separates Fact From Fiction Regarding Mud Disposal. Griffin, Jeff // Underground Construction;Jan2015, Vol. 70 Issue 1, p20
The article reports on a study titled "Impact of Land Application of Urban Horizontal Directional Drilling Mud" by Oklahoma State University (OSU) in Stillwater, Oklahoma. Topics discussed include use of horizontal directional drilling (HDD) for underground utility construction, views of Chad...
- GCTA officers. // Underground Construction;Apr98, Vol. 53 Issue 4, p5
Presents the elected officers and directors of the Gulf Coast Trenchless Association for 1998. Includes Steve Cornwall of Sharewell Inc.; Richard Croxton of Kinsel Industries; Seth Hinkley of Municipal Marketing Systems.
- Potholing puts safety first. Griffin, Jeff // Underground Construction;Apr98, Vol. 53 Issue 4, p29
Discusses vacuum excavation (VE), a method for preventing accidental utility strikes. Safety advantages over other conventional digging methods; Equipment comprising a self-contained VE unit; Value of VE for potholing.