Advisory group reviewing Draft Phase II storm water paper
- Rural wastewater systems now offered grants. // Underground Construction;May97, Vol. 52 Issue 5, p14
Announces the publication of final guidelines for the US Environmental Protection Agency's Hardship Grants Program for Rural Communities which provides grants to states for improving wastewater treatment services.
- EPA Transparency and Enforcement. ETTLING, GREG // National Driller;Aug2009, Vol. 30 Issue 8, p4
An excerpt from a memorandum on the Clean Water Act by Lisa Jackson, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) administrator, is presented.
- States Make Headway in Water Quality Management. Vick, Rebecca Chambers // Pollution Engineering;Jun2000, Vol. 32 Issue 6, p27
Focuses on the improvement of the state of Idaho's compliance with the Clean Water Act releasing it from the National Toxics Rule list of the United States Environmental Protection Agency. Other states included in the list; Impact of the state's inclusion in the listing on its efforts to...
- EPA revising state, tribal water quality standards. // Engineering & Mining Journal (00958948);Sep99, Vol. 200 Issue 9, p16JJ
Reports on the plan of the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) to change its regulations that specify when new and revised state and tribal water quality standards become effective under the Clean Water Act. Approval of the EPA on effectivity of new state standards; Exception to the rule.
- Barry gulps, Browner burns. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;7/22/96, Vol. 237 Issue 4, p14
Reports on the issuance of a federal order by the Environmental Protection Agency in the United States to upgrade the drinking water distribution system in Washington D.C. District's violation of federal drinking water standards; EPA's imposition of independent testing of city water; Setting up...
- ICR rule on track for December promulgation. // WaterWorld;Nov/Dec95, Vol. 11 Issue 8, p10
Reports on the US Environmental Protection Agency's rule which requires municipalities to conduct tests on their water for microbial contamination and disinfection byproducts. Problems with detecting cryptosporidium; Perfecting analytical methods for detection of microbials.
- EPA to consider changes in water quality regulations. // WaterWorld;Nov/Dec95, Vol. 11 Issue 8, p10
Reports on the US Environmental Protection Agency's planned review of water quality regulations. Use of mixing zones; Compliance schedules; Antidegradation policy.
- New York granted extension on filtration. // WaterWorld;Jul/Aug97, Vol. 13 Issue 7, p10
Reports on US Environmental Protection Agency developments as of July 1997. Approval of an extension for New York City's exemption from water filtration; Punishment for the Clean Water Act violations of Gorton Cooper in San Diego, California; Release of information on aquatic resources.
- EPA Offers Tools for Public Health Protection. // WaterWorld;Sep98, Vol. 14 Issue 8, p10
Reports on water quality management news and developments from the US Environmental Protection Agency in the United States. Includes the agency's final ruling on Consumer Confidence Reports which will require water systems to provide annual water quality reports to customers; Appointment of J....