Bushy Park Water Tunnel project underway in Charleston
- Queens Water Tunnel construction begins. // Underground Construction;Mar1997, Vol. 52 Issue 3, p10
Looks at the construction of Queens Water Tunnel in New York City. Cost of the project; Benefits of the tunnel; Estimated depth of the tunnel upon completion.
- Tunnel mystery unearthed. Gilbreath, Edward // Christianity Today;10/24/94, Vol. 38 Issue 12, p92
Reports on findings that the system of tunnels under the City of David in Jerusalem were natural formations. Commissioning of tunnel construction by King Hezekiah in the 8th century B.C. to obtain water from the Gihon Spring; Conclusion of geologist Dan Gill; Comment of professor and...
- CLOSING Credit. Maughan, Becky // PM Network;Feb2014, Vol. 28 Issue 2, p72
A photograph of the Water Tunnel Number 3 which supplies New York City with million gallons of water everyday is presented.
- New route for New York water will be opened this month. Armistead, Thomas F. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;07/13/98, Vol. 241 Issue 2, p16
Reports on the opening of the first stage of Water Tunnel No.3, a tunnel from Hillview Reservoir in Yonkers to Queens in New York City, New York, on July 22, 1998. Completion date of the first stage; Description on the Van Cortlandt Park valve chamber; Details on the construction of Water...
- Whitman Blocks a Flood-Relief Tunnel. Moniz, Larry // Business News New Jersey;04/25/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 17, p19
Focuses on New Jersey Government Christine Todd Whitman's opposition to the building of a flood-relief tunnel in the Passaic River Basin. Estimated cost of the project; Possible solutions to alleviate the Passaic River Basin flooding; Whitman's property buyout program.
- Austin water system upgraded. // Underground Construction;Jan1999, Vol. 54 Issue 1, p5
Reports that the city of Austin, Texas is constructing an underground water pipeline.
- The effect of polymer additives on laminar separation. Kim, B. K.; Telionis, D. P. // Physics of Fluids A;Feb89, Vol. 1 Issue 2, p267
Tests were conducted with dilute polymer solutions in a water tunnel. Subcritical flows over a circular cylinder were tested. The effects of free-stream turbulence and polymer additives on the development of laminar boundary layers and separation were examined.
- Effect of seepage forces on tunnel face stability. Lee, In-Mo; Nam, Seok-Woo; Ahn, Jae-Hun // Canadian Geotechnical Journal;Apr2003, Vol. 40 Issue 2, p342
Examines the effect of seepage force on tunnel face under steady-state groundwater flow conditions. Parameters required for the limit analysis of tunnels; Calculation of the effective stress in front of the tunnel face; Model tests performed to simulate groundwater flow during tunnel excavation.
- Plugging the Leaks. Angelo, William J. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;11/09/1998, Vol. 241 Issue 18, p65
Focuses on the MetroWest Water Supply Tunnel in Boston. Replacement of the tunnel of the Hultman Aqueduct; Inclusion of the MetroWest line in an integrated water supply program; Composition and specifications of the tunnel; Details on the construction and design of the tunnel.