Spot the red flags in your organization
- Integrity and ethical values. Feder, Dan // Chartered Accountants Journal;Nov97, Vol. 76 Issue 10, p17
Discusses the importance of ethical values in business management. Effectiveness of company policies and control systems; Factors that contribute to the success of several business organizations; Long-term effects of unethical behavior; Significance of Codes of conduct; Requirements in...
- Profit from ethics. Sinclair, Graeme // Chartered Accountants Journal;Nov97, Vol. 76 Issue 10, p1
Editorial. Focuses on business ethics. Context of the term ethics; Essentiality of ethics in businesses; Responsibility of a business to be open to meet challenges; Risks for businesses not publishing their ethics.
- The Jiminy Cricket Guide to Business. Sparrow, Adrian // Chartered Accountants Journal;Sep98, Vol. 77 Issue 8, p32
Focuses on organizational morality in New Zealand. What influences the ethics of an organization; Reference to the Resource Management and Employment Contracts Acts; Definition of moral standards.
- Looking for a right answer. Bradley, Frank // People Management;05/04/95, Vol. 1 Issue 9, p27
Opinion. Describes an ethical dilemma faced by employees in the workplace. Outline of the offense; Ethical issues involved in the dilemma.
- Ethics in a shrinking world. Fagiano, David // Business Credit;Feb1994, Vol. 96 Issue 2, p48
Views the alarming need for the formulation of ethical policy in the global economy. Context of world citizenry as basis of ethical policy; Case study.
- New business starts in 1997 down a modest 2 percent from 1996. Duncan, Joseph W. // Business Credit;Mar1998, Vol. 100 Issue 3, p65
Provides information on the number of businesses started in the United States in 1997. Number of jobs created; Information on the escalation in mining, transportation and finance sectors.
- Ethics Week set for Nov. 13-17. // Buildings;Oct95, Vol. 89 Issue 10, p21
Reports on Arnold, Maryland-based BOMI Institute's holding of the National Commercial Property Ethics Week on November 13 to 17, 1995. Holding of the `Ethics is Good Business' seminars; Features of the seminar; Comment by BOMI chairman Mary L. Lowe; Contact information.
- Time for an ethics balance sheet. Selley, David // CA Magazine;Apr94, Vol. 127 Issue 3, p53
Presents an overview of ethical assets and liabilities in business enterprises in Canada as at January 1, 1994. Increase in ethical awareness; Role of chartered accountants (CA) in business ethics; Compilation of information on business assets; Skepticism and pessimism among middle managers on...
- Corporate sinners in the hands of an angry mob. Wharton, Dolores D. // Corporate Board;Mar/Apr92, Vol. 13 Issue 73, p1
Focuses on the issues affecting business ethics in the United States. Problems facing businesses in the United States; Requirements of moral leadership in corporate America; Impact of written corporate codes of ethics on corruption; Advice on developing a corporation's values and objectives.
- ...My barber looks at business. Burge, Frank J. // Electronic Design;3/20/95, Vol. 43 Issue 6, p109
Opinion. Provides insights on fairness in business. Importance of business enterprises' loyalty to employees; Value attached to relationship with customers; Lessons learned from trends in the global market; Effect of the weak dollar on the way business enterprises are managed.