What biz-school undergrads see in their future
- Students Expect a Balancing Act. Whitaker, Aja // Management Review;Dec99, Vol. 88 Issue 11, p8
Focuses on a study that was conducted by Universum International, a Stockholm, Sweden-based competence relations firm, on how graduating business students can create a balance between career development and personal growth. Results of the survey; Comments concerning work and personal obligations.
- Student Affairs. Hall, Cecily // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;7/3/2008, Vol. 196 Issue 3, p12
The article reports that Universum Inc., a global employer branding firm has released annual poll of the companies students regarded as an ideal employers. According to the survey, 64% of the scholars believed on the importance of career goal in work-life balance. The company's chief executive,...
- Millennials Thriving In The Workplace. Hall, Cecily // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;7/3/2008, Vol. 196 Issue 3, p13
The article reports on the emergence of millennials or generation Y in the business industry in the U.S. It cites information on Universum Inc., a global employer branding firm that surveyed more than 43,000 undergraduates as ideal employers. Melissa Lavigne, the marketing and research firm...
- Luring Graduates. T. G. // ASEE Prism;Nov2007, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p15
The article presents the 2007 Universum IDEAL Employer Survey conducted by Universum Inc. which shows the competition between Boeing Co. and Lockheed Martin for luring top engineering graduates in the U.S. According to annual survey of undergraduates, engineering students give Boeing a slight...
- MBAs: What They Really Want. Branch, Shelly // Fortune;3/16/1998, Vol. 137 Issue 5, p167
Reports on the qualities that Master of Business Administration (MBA) students are looking for in their prospective employers. The trends reported in a survey of United States MBA students by the academic consulting firm Universum; The qualities looked for in an ideal employer.
- B-school Recruits Want to Hit the Ground Running. // Workforce (10928332);Jun2000, Vol. 79 Issue 6, p30
Deals with a survey conducted by Universum regarding the employer preferences of master of business administration (MBA) graduates as of June 2000. Career issues that MBA graduates want from their employers; Preferences of MBA graduates on the size of companies; Comments from Tom Hough, Ernst &...
- Reference Me. Poe, Randall; Courter, Carol Lee // Across the Board;Jul/Aug99, Vol. 36 Issue 7, p5
Reports on the results of a survey on the first jobs of United States Masters of Business Administration (MBA) graduates by the Swedish research firm Universum. Attitudes of MBA graduates toward the job; What they want from their first job; Expected years of service in the first job.
- Confidential. // Automotive News Europe;7/26/2004, Vol. 9 Issue 15, p11
Provides news briefs on the automobile industry as of July 2004. Information on the song used in the media advertisements of Volkswagen automobile in China; Result of a survey on the preferred working place of students conducted by research company Universum; Definition of the term va va voom...
- Graduation Time. // Chain Store Age;Jun2001, Vol. 77 Issue 6, p39
Cites the results of a study by Universum on employer preferences of job seekers. Ranking of Dell Computer and Amazon.com in the list of prospective employers; Retailers' standing among employers that working executives prefer.