- ASHHRA: HR data bolsters strategic plans. Costello, Mary Ann // AHA News;5/5/2003, Vol. 39 Issue 9, p6
Focuses on the Healthcare Human Resources Metrics Survey developed by the American Society for Healthcare Human Resources Administration. Details of the health survey; Interest areas of the survey; Overall turnover rate reported by hospitals in the U.S.; Information on the human resources team...
- An Estimation of the Human Capital Stock in Eastern and Central Europe. F�ldv�ri, P�ter; van Leeuwen, Bas // Eastern European Economics;Nov/Dec2005, Vol. 43 Issue 6, p53
Using the method suggested by Dagum and Slottje (2000), this study estimates the value of national and per capita human capital for six Central and Eastern European countries: Hungary, Slovakia, Poland, Estonia, Bulgaria, and Russia. The estimates are based on available household surveys for...
- Your Peers Reveal Their Top Comp Concerns and How They Handle Them. Birschel, Dee // Benefits Quarterly;2004 First Quarter, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p66
Deals with the findings of a survey on employee salary in the U.S. Efforts of employers to maintain high salaries of employees; Lump-sum bonuses issued by employers as an alternative to increase the salary of employees.
- Taking the pulse on HRM practices. Rasmussen, Erling // Human Resources Magazine;Jun2004, Vol. 9 Issue 2, p16
Presents information on the Cranet survey, a mail-out questionnaire for human resources managers conducted in collaboration with the Human Resource Institute of New Zealand during May and June 2004. Advantage of the survey; Purpose of the survey findings; Discussion of recent Cranet survey...
- HOW DOES SA COMPARE?: Experiences of crime and policing in an African context. Mattes, Robert // SA Crime Quarterly;Dec2006, Issue 18, p17
Afrobarometer's regular surveys of public attitudes toward governance, democracy and economics in 18 African countries shows that experiences of crime and concerns over safety in South Africa are indeed quite prevalent, but are by no means exceptional. People in some African countries are as, or...
- SURVEY: Canadian CEOs View HR Execs as "Trusted Confi dants". // HR Professional;Jul/Aug2011, Vol. 28 Issue 5, p14
The article reports on a survey conducted by Human Resources Professionals Association in conjunction with Knightsbridge Ltd. which shows views of chief executive officers of Canada who considers leadership of human resource as a major contributing factor for success of the organization.
- Performance management systems get mixed reviews. // Fairfield County Business Journal;5/5/2003, Vol. 42 Issue 18, p31
Presents survey results on employee attitude toward the workplace. Emphasis of performance-evaluation process among human resource professionals; Queries on the connection between performance and pay; Motivation of the staff.
- Managers' perceptions of intellectual capital: An empirical study in the Tunisian context. Boujelbene, Mohamed Ali; Affes, Habib // Management Science Letters;2013, Vol. 3 Issue 5, p1381
The purpose of this exploratory research study is to examine the extent of recognition of the concept of intellectual capital in the Tunisian context and to identify the perceptions of managers concerning the accounting treatment and disclosure of this hidden concept. A survey questionnaire was...
- Human capital and wages: a comparison of Albanian and Italian immigrants. Mane, Kate; Waldorf, Brigitte // Annals of Regional Science;Aug2013, Vol. 51 Issue 1, p53
This paper identifies the factors influencing earnings gaps between migrants belonging to old immigrant groups (defined as those with long established migration linkages with the receiving country) and those belonging to new immigrant groups. Earnings are conceptualized as a function of human...