How HR measures impact of corporate donations
- Corporate contributions to charity rose by $3.4 billion. // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;01/15/2001, Vol. 30 Issue 28, p14
Reports on the rise in company contributions to charity in the United States in 1999, according to Conference Board. Percentage rise in corporate charitable contributions in 1999 as compared to that of 1998; List of industries with thee largest charitable contributions during the given time period.
- U.S. charitable contributions will stay flat through 1994. // Corporate Board;May/Jun94, Vol. 15 Issue 86, p26
Reports on the study by The Conference Board which shows that charitable contributions of American corporations in the United States will remain flat through 1994. Factors behind slow growth rates of charitable contributions; Comparison with overseas contributions.
- Corporate Responsibility. // Corporate Board;Mar/Apr2007, Vol. 28 Issue 163, p26
The article presents information on the findings of the Conference Board's annual survey of the corporate giving to worthy causes. The survey revealed that the total corporate contributions in the U.S. and abroad amounted to $9.8 billion in 2005. This represents 71 percent of the overall...
- Mersey upbeat on training. // Professional Engineering;10/03/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 18, p4
Reports workers of Merseyside to learn new skills in Great Britain. Public-private initiative set up by innovative company contributed the situation; Number of major companies to commit for a long-term workforce training; Profits to be used to promote local education.
- Doing Well by Doing Good. Ruth, Joao-Pierre // Business News New Jersey;12/21/98, Vol. 11 Issue 45, p22
Focuses on the growing participation by companies in activities supporting charities in New Jersey. Comment by Karen Paardecamp, president of the board of directors for Literacy Volunteers of America's Union County affiliate and secretary to the state board of directors; Efforts by Prudential...
- Corporate contributions hold steady despite poor profits. // Corporate Board;Mar/Apr92, Vol. 13 Issue 73, p27
Announces the results of the Council to Aid to Education report showing that contributions by corporations and their foundations to charitable causes in the United States rose two percent in 1990 compared to 1989. Reason for the increase; Average increase in contributions to charities from 1976...
- Slow growth continues for corporate contributions. // Corporate Board;Nov/Dec92, Vol. 13 Issue 77, p26
Looks at a survey which found that contributions by corporations and their foundations to charitable causes in the United States experienced a modest increase in 1991.
- U.S. corporate giving to foreign countries increases. // Corporate Board;May/Jun93, Vol. 14 Issue 80, p27
Notes an increase in American corporate contributions to worthy causes in foreign countries as of 1990. Typical beneficiaries of the contributions; Impetus for corporations' decision to give overseas.
- Corporate giving gains new recognition. // Corporate Board;Jul/Aug98, Vol. 19 Issue 111, p27
Reports that actor Paul Newman and `George' magazine have launched a joint project to honor innovative corporate philanthropy. Awardees in 1998; Prizes for the winners; Pledge from Sony Electronics to fund the award for the next two years.