IRS snoopers get slap on the wrist
- FOR BETTER AND WORSE. Friel, Brian // Government Executive;May2002, Vol. 34 Issue 6, p79
Focuses on the operations of the U.S. Internal Revenue Service. Integrity in applying the tax law; Factors influencing the decline of public trust in the federal agency; Modernization of information technology.
- US. // Accountancy;Apr2001, Vol. 127 Issue 1292, p91
Reports on the posting of tax returns and payments from outside the United States. Regulations issued by the United States Internal Revenue Service.
- IRS paying closer attention to S corporations. Grassi, Carl // Crain's Cleveland Business;9/9/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 36, p17
Focuses on the S corporation technique used by taxpayers in the U.S. Payments for the third-quarter; Reduce of self-employment taxes; Concept of the S corporation technique; Attention of the Internal Revenue Service on S corporation.
- IRS provides guidance on installment payments from RRA '93. // CPA Journal;Nov94, Vol. 64 Issue 11, p99
Reports on the US Internal Revenue Service's (IRS) issuance of guidance on how taxpayers affected by the Revenue Reconciliation Act of 1993's higher tax rates may make their installment payment of those higher taxes.
- Steps to take in preparing and dealing with an IRS examination. Hidalgo, A. Steve; Coppinger, Walter T. // CPA Journal;Mar1995, Vol. 65 Issue 3, p46
Offers advice concerning preparation and dealing with an IRS examination. Knowing specialization programs; Risks entailed in delaying examination; Treating all IRS employees with courtesy regardless of their actions.
- The IRS examination and collection process. Blattner, David G. // CPA Journal;Aug95, Vol. 65 Issue 8, p16
Focuses on the examination and collection process of the US Internal Revenue Service. Appointment; Scope of the audit; Consideration of the economic reality of the taxpayer's situation; Importance of communication and cooperation; Payment schemes; Problems and delays; Notice of federal tax...
- Assuring Individual Taxpayer Compliance: Audit Rates, Selection Methods, And Electronic Auditing. Cecil, H. Wayne; Morris, Edwin B.; Barth, Richard M. // CPA Journal;Dec98, Vol. 68 Issue 12, p60
Focuses on ways of assuring taxpayer compliance in the United States. Auditing rates; Use of electronic auditing; Compliance strategies of the US Internal Revenue Service.
- IRS ANNOUNCES PILOT PROGRAM FOR PREFILING AGREEMENTS FOR LARGE BUSINESS TAXPAYERS. // CPA Journal;Apr2000, Vol. 70 Issue 4, p11
Deals with the program of the United States Internal Revenue Service (IRS) for prefiling agreements for large business taxpayers. Purpose of the program; Number of large business taxpayers the IRS will select for the program; Details on the program.
- C'mon, give IRS some credit. Kaplan, Joel // Christian Science Monitor;11/3/97, Vol. 89 Issue 237, p15
Opinion. Discusses the United States Internal Revenue Service in 1997. How politicians are lining up to bash the IRS; Calls for the elimination of the IRS or the tax code; How IRS employees are not the only ones to have incidents of unethical behavior; The author's experiences with the IRS;...
- Cheating on taxes: Common among rich and poor. Grier, Peter // Christian Science Monitor;4/15/98, Vol. 90 Issue 97, p1
Focuses on the number of people in the United States who cheat on their taxes. Estimates from the Internal Revenue Service about the percentage of each dollar owed in taxes which is never paid; The shrinking fear of an audit which may be partly responsible for some of the cheating; How cheating...