- CHANGE FOR THE WORSE? Valios, Natalie // Community Care;3/6/2003, Issue 1462, p34
Examines the motive of care home owners in their move to de-register their properties to create independent tenancies for people with learning difficulties. Result of the permission given to residential homes to de-register under the Registered Homes Act 1984; Information on Alternative...
- Number set to leave hospital trebles. // Learning Disability Today;Jan/Feb2015, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p6
The article reports that most people with learning disabilities living in hospital-type placements have a date set for a transfer back into community housing, according to a report from the National Health Service England as of September 30, 2014.
- The Mental Health Act 2007: better or worse for people with learning disabilities? Kramer, Richard // Learning Disability Today;Nov2007, Vol. 7 Issue 4, p14
The article examines the impact of the Mental Health Act 2007 to people with learning disabilities in Great Britain. The Bournewood safeguards are for persons deprived of their liberty while receiving care or treatment in a care home or hospital. It is concluded that the proposals will...
- 'Try to understand my pain. Taylor, Amy // Community Care;7/23/2009, Issue 1780, p30
The article reports that a project Treat Me Right! is run by learning disability supported housing and care provider Support for Living at Ealing Hospital in Great Britain. The project aims to improve people with learning disabilities and raise awareness of vital issues among hospital...
- 'PEOPLE DIE HERE'. Fiser, Ivan // Community Care;7/31/2003, Issue 1483, p41
Explores the problems surrounding the care homes for adults with learning difficulties in Bulgaria. Mortality rates among home care residents in 2001; Inadequacy of medication in the country; Description of home cares in the country; Medical problems prevalent in home care residents; Problems...
- Dementia-friendly care homes. Mahendiran, Suraba; Dodd, Karen // Learning Disability Practice;Mar2009, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p14
The article provides information on the nationwide inspection that looks into care homes to ensure that they have facilities and environments suitable for people with learning disabilities who develop dementia. It tells that physical environment is key in delivering services to the ageing...
- The complexities of planning care. Anderson, Jonathan // Learning Disability Practice;Mar2009, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p22
The article provides information the issues that encompass planning care for individuals with learning disabilities. It explores on the considerations of interdependence, and integration of traditional planning and person-centered approaches in a collaborative process of care planning. It adds...
- DIARY. // Community Care;4/21/2005, Issue 1569, p25
Presents a diary of a manager in a care home for people with learning difficulties concerning his departure from the care home. Positive reasons behind the departure; Illness of one member of staff; Respect for several colleagues.
- Bringing it all back home. Parish, Colin // Learning Disability Practice;Feb2016, Vol. 19 Issue 1, p5
The article discusses various reports within the issue including the Health and Social Care Information Centre's learning disability census, an interview with Learning Disability Practice chief nursing officer Jane Cummings, and a feature on the transfer tool designed by Rohit Shankar.