On your head be it
- High Court Declines Second Look at Athletic-Recruiting Case. Walsh, Mark // Education Week;4/10/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 30, p22
Focuses on the court battle between Brentwood Academy and high school sports authority over recruiting violations in Tennessee. Investigation done by the Supreme Court on school rules; Penalties imposed by the court to Brentwood; Concerns over the interest of the association.
- Governors -- what next? Martin, Jane // Education Journal;May2002, Issue 63, p11
Discusses the impact of Great Britain's Education Act on school governance in Great Britain. Enabling of governing bodies to have the power to provide community facilities; School governors' response to the freedoms and flexibilities proposed in the Act; Principle that school governing bodies...
- No on Prop 223. White, Julie; Wells, Bob // Thrust for Educational Leadership;Apr98, Vol. 27 Issue 6, p7
Presents information supporting the rejection of Proposition 223, an initiative mandating that no more than five percent of school district in California funding can be spent on administration. Threatening of local school district with a potential loss of $200 per student; Possibility of a...
- Five Ways to Improve ESEA. // NEA Today;Mar2003, Vol. 21 Issue 6, p25
Presents ways in which the U.S. Elementary and Secondary Education Act (ESEA) can be improved. Importance of full funding for all federal ESEA requirements; Definition of highly qualified teacher under the legislation; Flexibility in measuring school performance; Commitment to the training of...
- Student safety, security audit under way at Burnet schools. Denney, Lorene // Burnet Bulletin (Texas);9/17/2008, Vol. 136 Issue 38, p12A
The article offers information on the programs and administrative bill created to address student safety and security audit in schools in Burnet, Texas including the Senate Bill 11, profile of students who attend the Texas Assessment of Knowledge and Skills camp, and a drop-off and pick-up...
- INDIANA: School Takeovers Loom. Devitt, Caitlin // Bond Buyer;9/7/2011, Vol. 377 Issue 33578, p7
The article reports on the approval of the proposed takeover of five academically troubled schools in Indiana to private school-management firms which was introduced by state superintendent Tony Bennett.
- Louisiana cracks down on parents who don't pay for lunch. // American School Board Journal;Jan2011, Vol. 198 Issue 1, p10
The article reports on the new law in Louisiana which requires school administrators to report parents to the state's Department of Family and Children Services who do not pay for the lunch bills of their children.
- Cleveland school takeover suits dismissed. // Curriculum Review;May98, Vol. 37 Issue 9, p3
Presents information on two court challenges to Cleveland Mayor Michael R. White's takeover of the city's troubled school in Ohio. Significance of the law; Implication of the law.
- Law Giving Principals New Powers Under Fire in Arizona. Stricherz, Mark // Education Week;01/17/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 18, p22
Reports the protest of education groups against a law granting powers to school principals in Arizona. List of principal rights questioned by rallying groups; Reaction of lawmakers on the issue; Plans of the school administrators regarding the legislation.