- labor-management relations. // Labor Law Journal;Jun80, Vol. 31 Issue 6, p382
This article presents news concerning industrial relations in the United States as of June 1980. For nearly fifty years, Actors' Equity Association maintained a dual union dues structure, in conjunction with union security agreements, which required nonresident aliens to pay five percent of...
- IPA ousts AFVPA in Equity talks furore. Tylee, John // Campaign (UK);12/05/97, Issue 49, p1
Reports that the Advertising Film and Videotape Producers' Association (AFVPA) has been ousted by the Institute of Practitioners in Advertising (IPA) from the London, England advertising industry's negotiating team in the labor dispute with the actors' union Equity. AFVPA's public urging for...
- Equity Demands Meetings. Armbrust, Roger // Back Stage;12/12/2003, Vol. 44 Issue 50, p4
The Actors' Equity Association's national council appears dedicated in uniting the union's brothers and sisters into one knowledgeable body going into next year's Production Contract negotiations. The council has mandated membership meetings with casts of broadways shows and road tours,...
- Equity concludes 3-year TYA deal. // Back Stage;1/14/94, Vol. 35 Issue 2, p3
Reports on the renewal of Actors' Equity Association's three-year Theatre for Young Audiences contract. Expiration of previous deal; Advancements in the renewed pact; Rate hikes.
- Stock Pacts Earn $6.4M Equity Members Work Under Five Different Contracts. Armbrust, Roger // Back Stage;2/7/2003, Vol. 44 Issue 6, pA16
Focuses on the five stock pacts under which the Actors' Equity Association works with producers. Features of the Council of Resident Stock Theatres contract of the association; Various theaters covered under the Council of Stock Theatres agreement; Use of the Musical Stock/Unit Attraction pact...
- Equity Buys $5.2M L.A. Home. HOLLOWAY, DANIEL // Back Stage (19305966);1/31/2013, Vol. 54 Issue 5, p9
The article reports that the Actors' Equity Association has bought a building in North Hollywood, California to serve as its Western regional headquarters.
- THE FIRST HUNDRED YEARS. HOLLOWAY, DANIEL // Back Stage (19305966);5/2/2013, Vol. 54 Issue 18, p24
The article reports that the Actors' Equity Association, union of the stage actors, will be celebrating it's centennial.
- Theatres Agree to Equity LOA. Salinas, Mike // Back Stage;09/01/2000, Vol. 41 Issue 35, p1
Reports on the contracts signed by theaters in New York City with the Actor Equity Association to maintain their Letter of Agreement status. Highlights of the contract; Established minimum salaries of stage managers and actors; Number of theaters who signed the contracts.
- B'way Dark New Year's Eve. Windeler, Robert // Back Stage;12/10/99, Vol. 40 Issue 49, p1
Reports that New York City, New York theaters are closed and all shows have cancelled their performances for the eve of December 31, 1999. Plans of Actors' Equity and other performance unions to make up for the lost New Year's Eve show `Waiting in the Wings'; What prompted the decision to close...