Pay staff braced for influx of tax queries
- Tax form draws a blank. // Telegraph (Calcutta, India);8/6/2013, p1
The article reports on the failure of Indian Calcutta Municipal Corp.'s real property assessment initiative wherein only a small percentage of property owners in the city have returned filled-in tax forms that the agency mailed to them
- Free income tax assistance begins Feb. 1. // Malakoff News (TX);1/25/2013, Vol. 104 Issue 4, p7
The article announces the free income tax assistance to be offered by American Association of Retire Persons (AARP) Foundation volunteers and the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) within the 2013 tax season in Cedar Creek Lake, Texas.
- Resources: New & Noted. // eFocus on Municipal Assessment & Taxation;7/7/2014, Vol. 19 Issue 14, p5
The article offers information on a report for the Coalition for Responsible Taxation related to real property tax returns presented by Edmonton Assessment Review Board, Alberta.
- DIFFERENTIAL BURDENS FROM THE ASSESSMENT PROVISIONS OF PROPOSITION 13. O'Sullivan, Arthur; Sexton, Terri A.; Sheffrin, Steven M. // National Tax Journal;Dec94, Vol. 47 Issue 4, p721
This paper uses a match of property tax records and income tax returns for homeowners in California to analyze the differential impacts of Proposition 13 from the cap on increases in assessed values. Relative to an ad valorem property tax system that raised the same amount of revenue, the...
- New ground to uphold an assessment. Flannery, Patrick // Chartered Accountants Journal;Jul2006, Vol. 85 Issue 6, p52
The article reports on the difficulties between taxpayers and their advisors in negotiating the complex disputes procedures in the Tax Administration Act 1994 in New Zealand. The difficulties encountered was pointed out to the failure of the Commission of Inland Revenue to provide basis for...
- UNIFORM ASSESSMENT OF PROPERTY: RETURNS FROM INSTITUTIONAL REMEDIES. Bowman, John H.; Mikesell, John L. // National Tax Journal;Jun78, Vol. 31 Issue 2, p137
Differences in property tax assessment uniformity among Virginia assessing units are studied using four sets of explanatory variables-assessment system, property tax intensity, local housing market, and local economy. While assessment-system features-the focus of traditional property tax...
- An Evaluation of Expression of Doubt in the context of Self-Assessment. Corbett, Anne; Rossney, Francis // Proceedings of the European Conference on e-Government;2011, p630
Revenue has always been at the forefront of change in Ireland. 1988 saw a major change with the introduction of Self-Assessment for taxpayers. This brought new levels of trust and a user-friendly operation into the relationship between Revenue and taxpayer. It also brought a requirement for new...
- Check the inbox. CHAPMAN, MARK // Money (Australia Edition);Sep2015, Issue 182, p12
The article announces the updates made by the Australian Tax Office to its online taxpayers services including electronic correspondence, notice of tax assessment, and tax return filings.
- SELF-ASSESSMENT SOON. Rayney, Peter // Accountancy;Nov94, Vol. 114 Issue 1215, p86
The article discuses the system of self-assessment under the Finance Act of 1994 in Great Britain. The legislation will radically transform the administration of personal tax system into an American-style regime. The computation of the tax liability, submission of tax returns, and Inland Revenue...