Equality chiefs target Japanese companies
- TABLOID TALES SPELL OUT POWER MESSAGE. Beresford, Peter // Community Care;8/19/2004, Issue 1536, p19
Presents an article about the manifestations of unequal and exploitative relationships in society. Human resource problems at the Football Association; Discrimination in social welfare; Efforts of the British government to eliminate inequality and discrimination in the country.
- Sacred cows? They may not be worth it. Frazier, Jan Breiner // Indianapolis Business Journal;11/7/2011, Vol. 32 Issue 36, p11
The author discusses the problems associated with unfairness in the workplace.
- Firms critical of voluntary pay reviews. // People Management;2/20/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 4, p13
Focuses on the criticism of employers over the issue of voluntary equal pay reviews in Great Britain, as of February 2003. Reasons behind the potential move of employers not to undertake equal pay reviews; Concerns regarding the effectiveness of the reviews; Pros and cons.
- EXPANDING THE VIEW OF PERFORMANCE APPRAISAL BY INTRODUCING SOCIAL JUSTICE CONCERNS. Boyd, Neil M.; Kyle, Ken // Administrative Theory & Praxis (Administrative Theory & Praxis);Sep2004, Vol. 26 Issue 3, p249
The current "organizational justice" literature proposes that public managers should analyze both distributive and procedural justice components in designing and implementing various human resource interventions. This article shows that distributive and procedural justice conceptions are not the...
- Editor's Notebook. Smith, Shonda // Managing People at Work;May2013, Issue 374, p2
An introduction to the journal is presented in which the editor discusses the steps that managers can take to ensure all employees are treated equally.
- Benefits: 6 lessons from great places to work. // HR Specialist;Mar2014, Vol. 12 Issue 3, p1
The article offers suggestions and creative points from top companies regarding personnel management which include hosting of top-down orientation sessions for new hires, on-the-spot recognition of exemplary efforts, and equal health and retirement benefits to part-time or full-time employees.
- KVALIFIKACIONA STRUKTURA LJUDSKIH RESURSA U SPORTU U OPÅ TINAMA BIJELO POLJE, MOJKOVAC I KOLAÅ IN. Jovanović, Milan // Sport Mont;sep2012, Issue 34-36, p207
Modern sport is featured by high competitiveness and equality in accomplishing maximum results. Sport, as a social phenomenon, consolidates cognitions from many sciences. World experiences indicate to a need for engaging professional staff with an appropriate professional qualifications. The aim...
- Examining equality. Speakman, Susan // People Management;5/28/1998, Vol. 4 Issue 11, p58
Discusses information about equality management, the subject of one of the Institute of Personnel and Development's (IPD) examination modules. Importance of equality management for personnel practitioners; Reason for introducing equality management; Legal aspects of equality management.
- CIPD supports plans for a single equality umbrella body. // Management Services;Jul2002, Vol. 46 Issue 7, p6
The Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) supports the proposal of British Cabinet Office Minister Barbara Roche for a single body to cover equality and diversity in the workplace. According to the CIPD, an umbrella body would be welcomed by employers who are looking for fair...