- People are not the problem. Blanchard, Ken // Executive Excellence;Mar1998, Vol. 15 Issue 3, p4
Discusses the importance of management training. Need for managers and trainers to follow up their training as they did organizing and presenting the training; Problems associated with the structure, system and strategies of a corporation; Factors that affect performance problems.
- THE BEST METHOD TO TRAIN MANAGERS... Kondrasuk, Jack // Training & Development Journal;Aug79, Vol. 33 Issue 8, p46
Compares the effectiveness of on-the-job and off-the-job management training. Management by objectives; Establishment of environment conducive to good coaching.
- Industrial Training In Japan. Porter, Pockne; Kalish, Richard A. // Training Directors Journal / ASTD;Feb65, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p14
Looks at the status of industrial training in Japan as of 1965. History of industrial training in Japan; Training function; Training philosophy.
- Supervisory Management Development: Update from an Expert. Kirkpatrick, Donald L. // Training & Development Journal;Aug88, Vol. 42 Issue 8, p59
Reports on the trends in supervisory and management development. Design and maintenance of environment for effective and efficient use of resources; Attendance at conferences and seminars; On-the-job coaching approach.
- Product news. // Secretary;Oct96, Vol. 56 Issue 8, p31
Focuses on various training programs available to workers in the United States which can assist them in various areas when at work. Series of videos designed to assist workers in solving team problems without taking too much time out of the workday; Address of the most common workplace issues;...
- The framework for a successful internal account executive training program. Valencia, Martin P. // Secured Lender;Nov/Dec95, Vol. 51 Issue 6, p66
Presents a framework for a successful internal account executive training program. Instruction on basic terminology and asset-based lending concepts; Placement of an applicant as an assistant A/E; Assignment of the assistant A/E in the audit department; Promotion of the assistant A/E to an...
- Diversity training becomes more inclusive. Harman, Liz // San Diego Business Journal;7/25/94, Vol. 15 Issue 30, p16
Focuses on the broadening of diversity training for managers and employees in San Diego County, California. Design of training to honor everybody; Attention to white males; Census data on composition of work force; Effect of diversity training on morale; Formation of the Centre for Organization...
- Training in! Bogart, Leo // Across the Board;Jan1995, Vol. 32 Issue 1, p63
Focuses on the use of a new approach in empowering employees which is the training of managers to become employee trainers. Peer-to-peer development system developed by The Fortune Group International.
- Put Me in, Coach. // ColoradoBiz;Dec99, Vol. 26 Issue 12, p79
Presents the results of a survey on the executive coaching categories used by employers. Training in new skills or techniques; Process aimed at behavioral change; Advice on appearance or attire.