News and analysis
- Editor's letter. Quick, Chris // Accountancy;Nov2002, Vol. 130 Issue 1311, p1
In this article, the author provides an introduction to November 1, 2002 issue of the journal Accountancy. This issue includes a special report on war which focuses on armed forces accounts. A soldier needs experience and knowledge of the army in order to be a good military accountant. It is...
- Britain investigates Gulf war syndrome. Carnall, Douglas // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);2/10/96, Vol. 312 Issue 7027, p332
Reports that the British Ministry of Defense has agreed to fund research into the health of the members of the British armed forces who served in the Gulf war. Babies with congenital defects born to service staff who served in the Gulf.
- MoD launches competition for armed forces training facility. // Engineer (Online Edition);8/15/2012, p11
The article offers information on the competition to be launched by the British Ministry of Defence (Mod) for a new 200-million to 300-million-pound development for improving the armed forces facility.
- Army sidelines recruitment marketing. Charles, Gemma // Marketing (00253650);8/11/2010, p1
The article reports on the decision of the Ministry of Defence (MoD) that the marketing will be less prioritized in its review of Army recruitment in Great Britain.
- A nice little earner. K.M.G. // Alberta Report / Newsmagazine;9/5/94, Vol. 21 Issue 38, p9
Covers the many former servicewomen fired from the British Armed Forces for becoming pregnant who are now suing Britain's Ministry of Defense (MOD) for loss of wages, loss of future wages, loss of fringe benefits and `solatium consolation', or hurt feelings. Total bill; British High Court...
- U.K. Tries To Ensure Independent Capability, Bolster Interoperability With U.S. Barrie, Douglas // Aviation Week & Space Technology;7/22/2002, Vol. 157 Issue 4, p84
Reports the efforts of the British Defense Military to retain independent capability in coherence with the U.S. military. Preparations for a network-centric approach to warfare; Emphasis on the challenges faced by the Defense; Accounts of the interoperability between the British and U.S. forces.
- U.K. Launches New Defence Technology Plan. // Defense Daily;3/3/2009, Vol. 241 Issue 38, p4
The article reports that the British Ministry of Defence (MoD) has launched its new Defence Technology plan of long-term research and emphasis on the importance of science and technology (S&T) to the Armed forces. Minister for Defence Equipment and Support Quentin Davies said by launching the...
- Churches call for teen soldier ban. // Reform Magazine;Feb2014, p5
The article reports that the Great Britain Ministry of Defence was called by the church leaders and Christian peace campaigners in November 2013 for the termination of the recruitment of people under 18 years old to the armed forces.
- Armed forces compensation increase. // RoSPA Occupational Safety & Health Journal;Apr2011, Vol. 41 Issue 4, p6
The article reports on the changes to the Armed Forces Compensation Scheme announced by the Ministry of Defence in Great Britain in which awards paid to most injured personnel will be increased.