Scot to be perfect
- Silicon Glen: A major player in Europe. Vollmer, Alfred // Solid State Technology;Sep96, Vol. 39 Issue 9, p64
Features the Silicon Glen area in Scotland and its role for the semiconductor production equipment industry in Europe. Semiconductor equipment suppliers in Silicon Glen; Features of the area; Criteria used in selecting a fab site for semiconductor equipment companies; Advantages of the area over...
- Silicon Glen. Meadwell, Stacey // Enterprise (13503030);Feb/Mar2002, Issue 37, p69
Reports on the effort of the Silicon Glen company in Scotland to reinvent itself and grow by leaning towards design and research. Information on Alba Campus in Livingston; Role of Scottish Development International; Edinburgh as a focal point for financial and services industries.
- Plexus sets up design facility in Scotland's Alba Centre. Druce, Chris // Electronics Weekly;7/17/2002, Issue 2061, p3
Reports on the effort of Plexus Technology Group to set up a design facility in Scotland's Alba Centre. Key features of the facility; Business enterprises that were attracted by Alba Centre; Information on other facilities opened by Plexus.
- On TRAC for Centralpoint. // Logistics Manager;Sep2008, p77
The article reports on a deal between the Centralpoint logistics park at Eurocentral in Lanarkshire, Scotland, and engineering services supplier TRAC International. It states that the supplier has taken a ten year lease on the Athena building. According to TRAC Director Rab Watt, they aim to...
- Semiconductors and managed trade. Flamm, Kenneth // Brookings Review;Summer96, Vol. 14 Issue 3, p44
Focuses on the United States-Japan Semiconductor Trade Arrangement. Purposes of the agreement; User pressure; Industry trends.
- SEMICONDUCTOR MAKERS. Afrasiabi, Helen // Orange County Business Journal;11/3/2003, Vol. 26 Issue 44, p20
Presents a list of semiconductor companies in California as of November 25, 2003. Partial list of products offered; Notable customers; Number of Orange County employees in each company.
- Market facts. Engelke, Roger; Scinnamea, Mike // Electronic Design;2/19/96, Vol. 44 Issue 4, p32G
Presents a chart showing the top ten semiconductor suppliers in 1995. Revenues; Previous year ranking.
- Where should your systems grow? Markowitz, Michael C. // EDN;09/01/98, Vol. 43 Issue 18, p29
Opinion. Presents information as it relates to the semiconductor industry. Objective of this industry; Capabilities of silicon vendors; Requirements of designing a multimillion-transistor application specific integrated circuit (ASIC).
- What's the shape of things to come in semiconductor lasers? // Physics Today;Sep92, Vol. 45 Issue 9, p17
Examines developments in the semiconductor industry in the creation of semiconductor lasers. Current generation of semiconductor lasers are typically several hundred microns long; Recombination region at the heart of solid-state lasers; Semiconductor disk introduced by a group at Bell Labs;...