A yearning for learning
- Chris Argyris; 1923-2013. Smith, Diana McLain // Reflections;2013, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p5
An obituary for Chris Argyris, father of organizational learning, is presented.
- Chris Argyris. Caulkin, Simon // Management Today;Oct97, p58
Profiles Chris Argyris author, researcher and teacher of education and management at Harvard University. Argyris' demeanour; Way Argyris' teachings are viewed by students and managers; Comments from Argyris.
- From the Editors: Honoring the Legacy of Chris Argyris by Devoting Attention to How Managers Learn. Bartunek, Jean M. // Academy of Management Learning & Education;Mar2014, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p1
An obituary for Harvard University professor Chris Argyris is presented.
- FROM THE EDITOR'S BOOKSHELF. // Phi Delta Kappan;Sep2009, Vol. 91 Issue 1, p6
The article lists books that have come to the attention of the editor including "Whatever It Takes" by Paul Tough, "Teaching Smart People How to Learn" by Chris Argyris, and "Education Hell: Rhetoric vs. Reality" by Gerald Bracey.
- Conversation... with CHRIS ARGYRIS. Dowling, William F. // Organizational Dynamics;Summer74, Vol. 3 Issue 1, p45
Interviews Professor Chris Argyris. Educational attainment; Career background; Works and achievements of the professor.
- A Conversation with Chris Argyris: The Father of Organizational Learning. Fulmer, Robert M.; Keys, J. Bernard // Organizational Dynamics;Autumn1998, Vol. 27 Issue 2, p21
Presents an interview with James B. Conant Professor Emeritus Chris Argyris about his contributions to the field of organizational learning. Impact of Argyris' work on a variety of academic disciplines and in the business community; Reasons for the growing appreciation of Argyris'...
- A chat with Chris Argyris. Abernathy, Donna J. // Training & Development;May99, Vol. 53 Issue 5, p80
Presents an interview with organizational behavior expert Chris Argyris. Trends in company-sponsored learning activities; Relationship between chief executive officers and human resources professionals; Challenges in producing effective leadership, learning, change and employee commitment.
- A Reappraisal of Job Structure and Employee Satisfaction. Burns, John E. // Industrial Management;Sep69, Vol. 11 Issue 9, p1
Editorial. Discusses the theory of behavioral scientists Chris Argyris and Douglas McGregor related job structure and employee satisfaction. Needs of an employee; Details on the opportunities offered by industrial organizations; Information on a study on the theory of McGregor and Argyris.
- AWARENESS-IN-ACTION: A Critical Integralism for the Challenges of Our Times. O'Connor, Daniel J. // Journal of Integral Theory & Practice;Dec2013, Vol. 8 Issue 3/4, p277
Awareness-in-Action is a critical integral meta-paradigm that is grounded in what appear to be the presupposed perspectives and practices of human awareness-in-action in all its myriad forms, inclusive of anything and everything people do, regardless of how purposeful or spontaneous, mental or...