Firms turn away from employment targets
- Using FAIR to Set Numerical EEO Goals. Marimont, Rosalind B.; Maize, Kennedy P.; Harley, Ernest // Public Personnel Management;May/Jun76, Vol. 5 Issue 3, p191
Describes the Feasible Allocation to Improve Representation (FAIR) used in setting goals for the Equal employment opportunity. Goals of the FAIR on maintenance of merit standards; List of fundamental concepts introduced by FAIR; Definition of proper employee representation.
- What they don't tell you about affirmative action. Chappell, Kevin // Ebony;Aug1995, Vol. 50 Issue 10, p46
Reports on the controversy surrounding the proposal by some sectors in the United States to dismantle affirmative action programs. White male's allegation that they are losing jobs to unqualified blacks; Equal opportunities offered to blacks through minority programs; Drawbacks to affirmative...
- A NOTE ON INTERMINORITY GROUP COMPETITION FOR FEDERAL POSITIONS. Rosenbloom, David H. // Public Personnel Management;Jan/Feb73, Vol. 2 Issue 1, p43
Focuses on the interminority group competition for federal equal employment opportunity (EEO) program in the U.S. Emphasis of federal EEO program on non-black minority groups; Proportion between blacks and Spanish surnamed persons; Incidence of competition among interminorities.
- The affirmative action debate. Steinberg, Stephen // UNESCO Courier;Mar96, Vol. 49 Issue 3, p17
Focuses on the criticisms against affirmative action which aims to combat workplace discrimination against minorities in the United States. Distinction of affirmative action from policies of non-discrimination; Occupational apartheid; Corporate inertia.
- Whites and wrongs. Smith, Wendy // Director;Jul99, Vol. 52 Issue 12, p30
Reveals that equal opportunities in the workplace are still not being taken seriously by the British government. Findings of a report from the Better Regulation Task Force; Examination on the issue of the underrepresentation of blacks and Asians in the workplace; Move made by the West Bromwich...
- OLD ISSUES, NEW BARRIERS. Dunn, Kenneth A. // New Crisis (15591603);Jul98, Vol. 105 Issue 3, p16
Deals with how states in the United States are implementing affirmative action. Why the state of California outlawed the affirmative action in public higher education; Comments from law professor, Lani Guinier; Information on the Voting Rights Act of 1965.
- Blair promises swift action on ethnic equality. // Public Finance;3/28/2003, p13
Reports that the British government plans to implement the ethnic equality recommendations made by the Strategy Unit. Details of the report 'Ethnic Minorities and the Labour Market,' released by the Strategy Unit; Support for the initiative expressed by British Prime Minister Tony Blair.
- MERIT, COST, AND THE AFFIRMATIVE ACTION POLICY DEBATE. Coleman, Major G. // Review of Black Political Economy;Summer99, Vol. 27 Issue 1, p99
Focuses on a study which examined whether affirmative action programs for minorities in the United States are not merit-based. Empirical studies of the cost of affirmative action; Model specification; Implications of affirmative action.
- Affirmative action in the 1980s: What can we expect? // Management Review;May81, Vol. 70 Issue 5, p4
Focuses on the impact of hostility and resentment on the attitudes of corporate personnel officers throughout the United States toward Affirmative Action compliance programs. Expectation of a reversal in corporate efforts to hire and develop minority and female workers; Corporations'...