- The privatisation of sex equality policy. Forbes, Ian // Parliamentary Affairs;Jan96, Vol. 49 Issue 1, p143
Focuses on sex equality policies and their privatization in Britain. Development of equality policies; Information on organization Opportunity 2000; Other cites made.
- Child care workers undervalued... // Australia's Parents;Oct/Nov96, Issue 95, p77
Reports that women are still receiving less pay than men according to a study by the New South Wales Pay Equity task force for the Australian Department of Industrial Relations.
- A National Examination of Gender Equity in Public Parks and Recreation. Anderson, Denise M.; Shinew, Kimberly J. // Journal of Leisure Research;2001 4th Quarter, Vol. 33 Issue 4, p470
Presents information on a study that was to explore perceptions of workplace equity in public parks and recreation on a national level. Study's theoretical base; Research methods; Result and discussion.
- 'Equality' and the motivation to do hard work. COOK, BRAD // New Hampshire Business Review;10/17/2014, Vol. 36 Issue 21, p18
The article presents the author's views about equality in the workplace and employee motivation.
- On Having a Chance. // America;8/24/1935, Vol. 53 Issue 20, p459
The author reflects on the campaigns to end inequality and injustice in 1935. He argues that the plan of sharing wealth do not point directly to a way out of the difficulty. He asserts that wage earners in the country does lacks competency which can be considered potential wealth. The author...
- Informal Practices of Inequality in Recruitment in Finland. Koivunen, Tuija; Ylöstalo, Hanna; Otonkorpi-Lehtoranta, Katri // Nordic Journal of Working Life Studies;Sep2015, Vol. 5 Issue 3, p3
In this article, we explore the policies and processes of selection and recruitment from the perspective of equality. Focusing on tacit ideas of the 'ideal worker,' ideal recruitment, and selection that direct the recruitment process, we examine the ways in which implicit ideas and...
- UK briefing. // Accountancy;Jan1998, Vol. 121 Issue 1253, p75
Reports that an employment benefit constitutes pay for the purposes of the Treaty of Rome. Equal pay for equal work among men and women; Discussion of the case 'Grant v South West Trains Ltd.'
- Firms at risk from equal pay claims. Willmott, Ben // Personnel Today;8/20/2002, p1
Reports the risk of several firms from equal pay claims from female staff in Great Britain. Assessment on the training of managers in equal pay issues; Role of employers in reducing the risk of equal pay claims; Call of Julie Mellor, chairman of the Equal Opportunities Commission to the...
- Mandarins â€˜drag their feetâ€™ on equality review. McHale, Maria // Public Finance;5/2/2003, p15
Reports on the challenges faced by the government departments and agencies regarding equal pay issues across the civil service in Great Britain. Initiation of an equal pay reviews; Deadline for the submission of equal pay action plans; Gap between the median salaries of male and female full...