Charities face battle to recruit volunteers
- Job amarket favorable for logistics professionals. Allnoch, Allen // IIE Solutions;Jun97, Vol. 29 Issue 6, p10
Presents the 1996 Survey of Career Patterns in Logistics conducted by Logistics Research Group at Ohio State University. Analysis on job opportunities and salaries for professionals; Salaries for logistics executives; Responses to questionnaire from Council of Logistics Management (CLM);...
- Lee Iacocca headlines road to recovery ad. // Cancer News;Autumn92, Vol. 46 Issue 3, p18
Focuses on the announcement of Lee Iacocca, chairman of Chrysler company that urges viewers to volunteer as drivers for the American Cancer Society's Road to Recovery Program. Purpose of the program; Companies recruited by the Massachusetts Division for the project; Information about driver...
- Art volunteers. Benedict, Ruth // Crain's Detroit Business;3/11/96, Vol. 12 Issue 11, p24
Reports on the recruiting being done by the organization, Business Volunteers for the Arts-Detroit. What the organization does; Details on the event being hosted on March 14, 1996.
- Volunteer Magic: Finding and Keeping Library Volunteers. Thelen, Laurie // School Library Media Activities Monthly;Nov2001, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p22
Offers suggestions to find and keep volunteers at school library media centers. Recruitment strategies; Volunteer training program; How to afford rewards for volunteers.
- Puerto Rico's Food Bank seeks helping hands. Rosa, Taina // Caribbean Business;9/13/2001, Vol. 29 Issue 37, p58
Reports the need for additional volunteers at the charitable organization Food Bank in Puerto Rico. Collection of food and beverage; Preparation of packages to delivered; Number of establishments supporting the group.
- Getting the Edge from Education. Stanbridge, Dean // Pest Control;May99, Vol. 67 Issue 5, p32
Looks at the need for North America pest control companies to pursue graduates to become pest management technicians and provide them with the needed tools to make them effective. Advantages of hiring graduates.
- Recruiting Today's Volunteers. Kleine, Douglas M. // Association Management;Jan2001, Vol. 53 Issue 1, p126
Offers advice on recruiting volunteers for associations. Factors that influence members to serve; Strategies to get association members involved in volunteer efforts; Categories of volunteers; Ways to make volunteer service more attractive to association members.
- Masters, martyrs & spectators. Harris, Clay // U.S. Naval Institute Proceedings;Apr99, Vol. 125 Issue 4, p30
Argues for the revival of the United States Selective Service System. Establishment of the volunteer military force in 1973; US military's failure to attract qualified candidates due to the US humiliation after the Vietnam War; Accomplishment of military manpower requirements through the draft;...
- Tech Interns Needed For LDI. // Live Design Exclusive Insight;6/14/2011, p1
The article reports that the 2011 "Live Design Exclusive Insight" professional training program to be held on October 23-28, 2011 is in need of volunteers.