People and posts
- PEOPLE & POSTS. // People Management;1/23/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 2, p9
Presents news on appointment of human resources executives in Great Britain as of January 2003. Alison Hodgson at Sodexho; Sean McIlveen at Ford Motor Company; Mary Rance at CBI.
- Top guns. Kelly, James; Gennard, John // People Management;5/30/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 11, p24
Focuses on the results of a study on the factors that lead to the progress of professionals to the position of human resource (HR) directors. Skill categories expected from HR directors; Competencies of an effective HR director; Reasons given by chief executives for the selection of HR...
- People and posts. // People Management;5/31/95, Vol. 1 Issue 11, p16
Presents an update on the appointment and selection of personnel management executives in Great Britain as of May 31, 1995. Person named as director of personnel at the University of Stirling; Appointment of Denise Collis at management consultancy Proudfoot; Personnel director appointed for...
- Positioning Human Resources. Petra, Terry // Fordyce Letter;Mar2012, Vol. 41 Issue 3, p16
The article presents the four basic questions to be considered in the role of human resources (H.R.) departments in implementing client-centered processes of organizations. It says that it is important to determine the role of H.R. departments in the process by asking the hiring manager. It says...
- SHRM Appoints New VP for HR. // HR Magazine;Jul2003, Vol. 48 Issue 7, p115
Reports on the appointment of J. Robert Carr as vice-president for human resources and strategic planning at the Society for Human Resource Management. Qualifications of Carr; Career background; Educational background.
- The Fine Line Between Standing Out and Stalking. // Plan Sponsor News;2013, p17
The article reports on a survey of hiring managers and human resource professionals in the U.S. to determine the most memorable methods candidates have used to stand out from the crowd. It was found that some candidates go overboard and stalking, with one bringing items from the interviewer's...
- The many faces of HR in the off-Broadway drama: Recruiting. // Personnel Journal;Aug96 Supplement, Vol. 75 Issue 8, p13
Focuses on the roles that a human resource (HR) manager plays in the recruitment process. Selling of hiring managers on the importance of their roles; Tip on delaying the hiring manager's emotional investment in any candidate; Do's and don'ts about interviewing; Representation of the company as...
- People and posts. // People Management;2/23/1995, Vol. 1 Issue 4, p19
Features news about the appointment of some British involved in personnel management in various companies. Brief profile of each; Data on the position appointed to; Replacement for Sir Sandy Wilson as air chief marshal and head of personnel and training in the Royal Air Force; Others.
- On the move. // Personnel Today;3/4/2003, p29
Presents information on positions of personnel managers in Great Britain as of March 4, 2003. Selection of Victoria Gill as learning and training adviser at Great Britain-based Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development; Appointment of Annette Dalchow as head of administration and...