United distillers deal has millennium spirit
- UDV seeks Cinzano brand chief. Maling, Nick // Marketing Week;9/17/1998, Vol. 21 Issue 29, p8
Reports on the United Distillers and Vintners (UDV) company's efforts to recruit a marketing director for its global Cinzano vermouth brand, since the resignation of Richard Ambler, who held the position. When Ambler resigned from UDV; Details on the Cinzano vermouth brand; Reference to the...
- Continuing education: A must for today's credit executive. Bolinger, Vicki // Business Credit;Apr97, Vol. 99 Issue 4, p45
Opinion. Examines the factors that determine the job security of credit professionals. How corporate downsizing has affected financial and credit professionals; Reference to the prestigious and nationally recognized professional designations offered by the National Association of Credit...
- House painters and Prozac. Peters, Tom // Indianapolis Business Journal;8/29/94, Vol. 15 Issue 22, Forefront p10C
Discusses matters pertinent to job security. Example demonstrated by the author's house painter friend; Loss of the traditional meaning of job security; Element of predictability and boredom.
- 10 ways to save your job. // Women in Business;Sep/Oct94, Vol. 46 Issue 5, p18
Outlines several ways avoid layoff. Find your leverage points; Get really good at what you do; Invest in yourself; Develop excellent customer skills; Become multicompetent; Build your listening skills; Excerpted from `51 Ways to Save Your Job: Your 30-Minute Guide to Job Security'; Contact point.
- Business skills: Getting the right mix. Daniel, Michele // Women in Business;Jul/Aug97, Vol. 49 Issue 4, p23
Presents steps in ensuring employability in the business world. Increasing one's intellectual capacity; Expanding skill base; How professional activities can improve one skills; Bringing the knowledge back to the companies. INSET: Increase your intellectual capital..
- Surprising statistics. // Corporate Detroit;Sep96, Vol. 14 Issue 9, p9
Focuses on statistics relating to job security in the United States. Perception of employee unhappiness.
- Fear breeds uncertainty in the workplace. // Personnel Today;3/11/2003, p51
Focuses on the response of employees regarding uncertainty in jobs in Great Britain. Influence of war of British and U.S. forces against Iraq on job security among employees; Effect of the war on loyalty of men and women towards their organizations; Proportion of managers feeling insecured in...
- Measuring job security. Nardone, Thomas; Veum, Jonathan // Monthly Labor Review;Jun97, Vol. 120 Issue 6, p26
Presents data from Current Population Survey (CPS) supplements to examine the quality and the nature of variables utilized to measure job security in the United States. Descriptions and measurement of job tenure; Distributions of job tenure; Estimates of workers in contingent jobs.
- Job security. Lasch, Kathryn // Regional Review;Summer97, Vol. 7 Issue 3, p5
Focuses on white male workers' perceptions of job security in the United States. Respondents' emphasis on the material needs in relation to Maslow's hierarchy of needs; Negative impact of having a lack of sense of security on gaining the higher-order satisfactions that gainful employment provides.