Net election speeds plans for staff forum
- Video-streaming solutions. Seoane, Dan; Orubeondo, Ana; Mitchell, Karen // InfoWorld;01/19/98, Vol. 20 Issue 3, pS3
Focuses on the use of MediaBase solution from Silicon Graphics to deliver video on demand so users can learn from their desktops without bogging down the intranet. Options for video-streaming problems; Components of the MediaBase solution; Performance of the solution compared to other options.
- Intranets explained. Hise, Phaedre // Secretary;Mar97, Vol. 57 Issue 3, p2
Presents information on intranets, which are World Wide Web sites stored on a computer used within a company by an internal network using TCP/IP standard. Aims of an intranet; Percentage of companies that have installed intranets; Comments from Douglas Hanson, Forsyth Dental Center's director...
- SELF-PROMOTIONAL. // Applied Arts Magazine;Jan/Feb2003 Awards Annual, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p260
Photographs of self-promotional websites and corporate intranet are presented.
- IS controls intranets. // InfoWorld;02/17/97, Vol. 19 Issue 7, p58
Presents a graph on the results of a survey of `InfoWorld' magazine readers currently using an intranet showing the one responsible for managing the Web sites on the intranet.
- Practical Tips for Improving Web Site and Intranet Usability. Hart, Geoffrey J.S. // Intercom;Dec2003, Vol. 50 Issue 10, p15
Discusses tips on improving Web site and intranet usability. Making static information dynamic; Assigning of ownership and management of growth; Indexing of the site.
- Help build team spirit by allowing employees to have intranet home pages. Taylor, Dave // InfoWorld;09/01/97, Vol. 19 Issue 35, p64H
Focuses on the survey conducted by NFO Research regarding employees' creation of home pages on the company intranet. Importance of public home pages for the employees; Reasons why public home pages should not be prohibited; Proposal for a public home page that would include personal information.
- Internal site info hard to come by on the Web. Coursey, David // Inter@ctive Week;11/11/96, Vol. 3 Issue 25, p52
Recommends a variety of comprehensive intranet-related sites available in the United States. Includes Brill Editorial Services' The Intranet Journal; Innergy Inc.'s Intranet Design Magazine; Intranet Resource Center located on the site of an Australian Internet service provider.
- Assembly required. Callaway, Erin // PC Week;10/21/96, Vol. 13 Issue 42, p51
Discusses how developing full-blown Internet applications can be unexpectedly difficult. Common misconceptions about developing applications for a public World Wide Web site or a corporate intranet; Web application development tools; Slowness of Web; Tips for programmers; Changing applications.
- Web Redemption and the Promise of Usability. Head, Alison J. // Online;Nov/Dec99, Vol. 23 Issue 6, p20
Reports on the Web and Intranet information sites redesigns. Expenses of Fortune 1000 companies on redesigns in 1998; Definition of usability; Methods of testing redesigns; How informal testing works; Questions about conducting informal tests.