Electronic revolution reshapes companies
- Gifts for gearheads. Strohl, Lydia // Executive Report;Dec97, Vol. 16 Issue 4, p43
Presents Internet sites that caters to online shopping. Web site of the Hancock Bike Shop; Site of Mountain Gear; Sites that offers health and beauty items.
- Online With the Operator. JOVIN, ELLEN; LACH, JENNIFER // American Demographics;Feb99, Vol. 21 Issue 2, p36
Focuses on shopping through the Internet. Convenience of online shopping; Drawbacks of online shopping; Efforts of companies servicing clients online to reach out to their customers.
- Internet / EC. // Computing Japan;Aug99, Vol. 6 Issue 8, p38
Features news briefs about electronic commerce and Internet in Japan. Recommendation of a report on next-generation Internet initiatives; Findings of a survey of Internet users in Japan; Net-based bill presentment to be launched by NTT, Microsoft (Japan) and NTT Data; Key sponsors of an...
- Online shopping growing, but not as expected. Khasru, B.Z. // Fairfield County Business Journal;8/13/2001, Vol. 40 Issue 33, p2
Reports on the growth of online shopping in the U.S. Determination of the amount of Internet sales; Number of households making online purchases; Citation of several successful Internet companies.
- Consumers still leery of online financial services. // Fairfield County Business Journal;03/26/2001, Vol. 40 Issue 13, p18
Reveals that consumers in the United States continue to prefer conducting financial transactions over non-digital channels. Mercer Management Consulting's conducting of a study to assess the impact of the Internet throughout the financial services industry; Percentage of consumers who make...
- Online Shoppers Identified. Stirewalt, Travis // Products Finishing;Sep2000, Vol. 64 Issue 12, p10
Reveals the results of a study which identified the types of online shoppers and how they use the Internet for shopping. E-bivalent newbies; Clicks and mortar; Hunter-gatherers; Brand loyalists.
- The little guy is still in Internet running. Watt, Michael // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);08/06/99, Vol. 46 Issue 32, pA26
Presents news briefs related to electronic commerce in the United States, as of August 6, 1999. Includes Forrester Research's findings on the obstacles facing local merchants attempting to gain access to national online audiences; Launching of GetNetWise, an online resource for learning about...
- E-commerce: the most successful lossmaker going. Tanner, John C. // Telecom Asia;Feb99, Vol. 10 Issue 2, p9
Discusses various aspects of electronic commerce. Surge in popularity for online shopping; Estimated number of America Online subscribers who went shopping on the Internet; Sales growth rates reported by retailers as a result of holiday shopping frenzy; Fears by consumers that hackers may...
- The Web Is No SHOPPER'S PARADISE. Mardesich, Jodi // Fortune;11/8/1999, Vol. 140 Issue 9, p188
Offers advice for shopping for holiday gifts online. List of things that shoppers hate about shopping on the Internet; Rating of 45 consumer Websites; What consumers like about electronic commerce. INSET: The $10,000 Online Shopping Spree.