- New obligations on employers imposed by the Workplace Gender Equality Act. Cardillo, Tony // Keeping Good Companies (14447614);May2013, Vol. 65 Issue 4, p236
A summary is presented of the new obligations imposed by the Workplace Gender Equality Act of Australia (WEGA) in 2013.
- Is your HR strategy fit for the era of equality? Youngman, Nigel // Personnel Today;1/29/2002, p14
Reports the legislation concerning on equality at work. Aim to call employers attention to review equal policies; Accounts in the issue of equal pay from organizations; Provisions of the legal requirements.
- White Males Become Allies for Minorities, Women. Hoffman, Sandy // Profiles in Diversity Journal;Nov/Dec2012, Vol. 14 Issue 6, p77
The author talks about white males as allies who engage the majority and provide structures for underrepresented populations in the U.S. workplace in order to build a bridge toward greater equality, citing allies like Cisco vice president of Corporate Quality Rich Goldberg.
- Workplace Democracy and Human Development: The Example of the Postsocialist Transition Debate. Ellerman, David // Journal of Speculative Philosophy;2010, Vol. 24 Issue 4, p333
An essay on workplace democracy and human development is presented. The author reviews some of the human development arguments for workplace democracy and compared this with the issue of workplace democracy actually played in the post socialist debate. He stresses that democracy is often linked...
- Catch 22--Black Workers' Role in Equal Opportunities for Black Service Users. Goldstein, Beverley Prevatt // British Journal of Social Work;Sep2002, Vol. 32 Issue 6, p765
Assesses the extent to which the practice of employing black workers to promote equal opportunities for black service users led to additional stress for black workers and identifies the contradictions in this employment practice, based on the findings of a qualitative study of black social care...
- Editor's Notebook. Smith, Shonda // Managing People at Work;May2013, Issue 374, p2
An introduction to the journal is presented in which the editor discusses the steps that managers can take to ensure all employees are treated equally.
- A More Equal and Inclusive Europe? The European Gender Equality Policy and the EEC/EU Enlargements. SARCINA, Federica di // Eurolimes;Autumn2012, Vol. 14, p115
The purpose of this paper is to interweave issues concerning the five enlargements of the EEC/EU with the history of the Gender Equality Policy, which has become over the time one of the so-called "horizontal policies" of the EU. After all, equality between men and women is a fundamental...
- Ready to review? Keeble, Sarah // Employers Law;Mar2006, p22
The article focuses on factors to consider in reviewing equal opportunities and anti-harassment policies by employers in Great Britain. Equal opportunities policies require employers not to discriminate on any of the prohibited grounds such as gender reassignment and disability. The policies...
- Australian superwomen left holding the poison. Rayner, Moira // Eureka Street;11/7/2008, Vol. 18 Issue 22, p1
The article provides information on how business climate in Australia has changed in terms of leadership roles. Drawn from the data gathered from the 2008 Australian Census of Women in Leadership of the Equal Opportunity for Women in the Workplace Agency (EOWA), a significant decrease of the...