Chemical firm reacts against EWC directive
- Dutch-based AkzoNobel Management to be Brought Together in New AkzoNobel Center in 2015. // Coatings World;Jul2013, Vol. 18 Issue 7, p15
The article reports on the plan of Dutch coatings company AkzoNovel NV to consolidate its management personnel in a new office building by 2015 in Amsterdam, Netherlands.
- Five ways to fail as a manager. Williams, J. Clifton // Baylor Business Review;Fall1991, Vol. 9 Issue 2, p11
Discusses several ways to fail as a manager and recommends strategies to overcome job-related problems. Unrealistic expectations; Costs of success; Loss of touch with reality.
- The expectations dilemma. Williams, J. Clifton // Baylor Business Review;Spring1993, Vol. 11 Issue 1, p34
Examines the dilemma that occurs when leaders' expectations of followers continually increase. Continuous improvement and satisfaction; Stress on organizational members.
- Organizational fictions. Williams, J. Clifton // Baylor Business Review;Fall1994, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p8
Focuses on the concept of organizational fiction, or baseless assumptions which are used to manage a company. Example; Viewed prevalence of firms that have generated their own fictions; Reasons for managers' creation of fictions.
- A template for organization design. Burdett, John O. // Business Quarterly;Summer92, Vol. 57 Issue 1, p35
Presents a template for organizational structure that can improve management's ability to create competitive organizations. Important assumptions for effective organizational structure; Advantages of flat structures; Determining the number of levels needed for an organization.
- Why quality programs aren't--and how they could be. Boyce, Graham W.D. // Business Quarterly;Autumn92, Vol. 57 Issue 2, p57
Provides insights on pitfalls and success principles of Canadian quality programs. Three elements of quality programs; Defining the goal of an organization; Making the connection between quality and strategic goals explicit; Using the term `quality' carefully and only when it is meant; Starting...
- A brand new model. Thinakal, Sadu // Mortgage Banking;Feb95, Vol. 55 Issue 5, p36
Discusses the need for new and different business approaches in order for breakthroughs in productivity and customer service to be made in the mortgage industry. Servicing management; Asset management; Revenue enhancement and management.
- No more dust in the wind. Wardell, Charles; Fritz, Sandy // Popular Science;Aug93, Vol. 243 Issue 2, p40
Reports that the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) wants to reduce workplace dust concentrations produced by small power tools. Growing trend toward vacuum-assisted exhaust points on many tools; Examples of products with dust-collection systems.
- I can manage, boss! Phillips, Kevin John // Supervision;Jan95, Vol. 56 Issue 1, p17
Highlights the importance of people management and of managing the boss. Getting to know the operation objectively; Explaining to your boss exactly what you see; Tell your boss what's first; Start the work; Asking for advice; Getting to work; Asking to be taught something; Having the...