HR must prepare for eldercare time bomb
- Employee development. // People Management;06/29/95, Vol. 1 Issue 13, p9
Presents the Institute of Employment Studies report on the qualifications of business managers. Percentage of United Kingdom's managers that are qualified to degree level; Other findings of the study.
- Early support propels women to the top. // Coaching at Work;May/Jun2009, Vol. 4 Issue 3, p9
The article reports on an international research on coaching for women executives by the Institute of Employment Studies (IES) of Great Britain conducted between May and October 2008.
- Young employment improved by volunteering. // Charities Management;2011, Issue 79, p24
The article reports on the study by the Institute of Employment Studies which suggests that volunteering helps young people develop the skills and confidence that improve their chances of getting a job in Great Britain.
- Disappearing jobs. Garrett, Alexander // Management Today;Oct2010, p52
The article focuses on the decline of job opportunities in Great Britain. According to Jim Hillage, director of research at the Institute of Employment Studies, the major cause for this problem is the changes of process or the jobs having been transported overseas. Meanwhile, Andrew Curry, a...
- Loyalty bonuses. Winnard, Lisa // Money Marketing;6/18/2015, Issue 1490, p55
The author focuses on the factors driving the loyalty of employees to their companies. Topics discussed include the research conducted by the Institute of Employment Studies which reveals the loyalty of employees who feel appreciated, the need for the managers to satisfy their people's emotional...
- Round-up. // Human Resources (09648380);Jun2008, p64
The article offers business-related news briefs in Great Britain. The Institute of Employment Studies (IES) has released the guide "Workforce Planning" for human resource (HR) practitioners and managers. Workforce modelling company Human Concepts has developed an online savings calculator that...
- NOTICE BOARD. // Nursing Standard;9/30/2009, Vol. 24 Issue 4, p63
News briefs of interest to nurses in Great Britain are presented. The Royal College of Nursing will hold its annual meeting on October 28, 2009. Information from the Institute of Employment Studies about participation in the National Health Service (NHS) staff survey can be found at...
- Where are we now? // Veterinary Record: Journal of the British Veterinary Association;9/27/2014, Vol. 175 Issue 12, p288
The author discusses the result of the 2014 survey concerning the status of veterinary profession in Great Britain, conducted by the Institute of Employment Studies for the British Veterinary Association (BVA). Topics discussed include the increase of the number of female veterinary surgeons,...
- VOLUNTEER CAREGIVERS: THEIR ROLE AND LEVEL OF STRESS AS CAREGIVERS TO THE FRAIL OR DISABLED OLDER PERSON. Rafferty, K. B. // Gerontologist;Oct1996 Supplement, Vol. 36 Issue 1, p83
Providing support services for caregivers to the frail or disabled older persons is becoming increasingly difficult with today's economic constraints. The volunteer caregiver has an important role in providing assistance to the care recipient and the family caregiver. The purpose of this study...