Weighing up the evidence on managing diversity
- Partnership is the secret of progress. Ford, Vikki // People Management;02/08/96, Vol. 2 Issue 3, p34
Argues that equal opportunities policy and diversity options have to be interdependent if they are to realize their potential as organizational development tools. Uses and disadvantages of the concept of diversity; Confusion with equality and diversity; Differences of the concept of equality...
- Program explores diversity initiatives. // Hispanic Times Magazine;Mar/Apr1997, Vol. 18 Issue 2, p22
Reports on the holding of a symposium in Washington D.C. on diversity initiatives. Differences between affirmative action and diversity initiatives; Elimination of affirmative action-type programs at the University of California system; Concerns over races relations in the United States.
- Affirmative action must remain part of the American System. Martin, Arthuretta // PA Times;Feb2000, Vol. 23 Issue 2, Special section. p6
Discusses the importance of affirmative action programs in the United States. Promotion of cultural diversity in workplaces; Basis on the belief that the US is a racially hostile country for African Americans; Responsibility of the government to provide equal opportunity and protection under...
- Affirmative action benefits everyone. Holman, Valerie // PA Times;Feb2000, Vol. 23 Issue 2, Special section. p7
Discusses the importance of affirmative action programs in the United States. Promotion of cultural diversity in workplaces; Equal opportunity and protection under the law regardless of race or ethnicity; Breakdown of longstanding patterns of discrimination.
- Corporate America embraces diversity. Click, Jennifer // HRMagazine;Jul95, Vol. 40 Issue 7, p14
Reports that America's largest corporations are standing firm on performance-driven diversity hiring, according to a survey conducted by Wesley, Brown & Bartle. Finding that two out of every three companies remain dedicated to workforce diversity despite calls emanating from the new Congress...
- B'casters, cablers at odds on FCC employment rules. Linder, Craig // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;6/25/2002, Vol. 374 Issue 2, p4
Reports on the division media industry executives over the U.S. Federal Communications Commission's proposed employment diversity rules. Opposition of broadcasters to the pending regulations; Support of cable firms of the proposal; Provisions under the pending equal-employment opportunity.
- IPD says diversity is next step for equality. Overell, Stephen // People Management;12/5/1996, Vol. 2 Issue 24, p12
Reports that the position paper on managing diversity is a bold attempt to map out the future of equal opportunities. Criticism employers regarding their use of the diversity banner; Difference between the equal opportunities and managing diversity; Examples of the differences which the...
- Diversity touted as key to good business. Anderson, Bernard // Crain's Detroit Business;10/19/98, Vol. 14 Issue 42, p42
Discusses issues pertaining to workplace diversity and equal employment opportunity in the United States. Significance of the Exemplary Voluntary Efforts award; Importance of diversity to a business; Social ramifications of having a diverse workplace.
- Despite myriad problems the biggest issue facing industry is rise in racial discrimination. Winkler, Kenneth N. // Nation's Restaurant News;12/17/2001, Vol. 35 Issue 51, p24
Presents affirmative measures employers in the United States must take to ensure that the workplace is free of harassment and discrimination. Adoption and/or enforcement of a harassment policy; Provision of training about the policy that can be documented; Reexamination of policies to ensure...