Health policies benefit business, says IPD guide
- Expert guidance on the major HR issues. Stevens, John // People Management;10/10/1996, Vol. 2 Issue 20, p83
Explains how the members of Institute of Personnel and Development (IPD) should take advantage of the institute's policy guides. Information provided by the IPD's series of guides; List of IPD's series of guides; Benefits that members can gain from the guides.
- Sask. Labour targets young workers with booklet. // Saskatchewan Sage;May2001, Vol. 5 Issue 8, p17
Reports the release of a booklet on industrial hygiene in Saskatchewan. Aim of the manual to make job experience of workers positive; Distribution of the booklet during the North American Occupational Safety and Health Week celebration; Information provided on the rights and responsibilities of...
- Health round-up. // People Management;9/21/1995, Vol. 1 Issue 19, p57
Presents some of the information resources on health management in the workplace. Information on the poster and a pocket guide from Safety First Aid Company; Contents of the catalogue, Audiovisual Resources in Occupational Health and Safety; Computer program that gives advice in the workplace...
- Technological advantage? Crofts, Pauline // People Management;6/25/1998, Vol. 4 Issue 13, p67
Focuses on the Institute of Personnel and Development's guide on technology-based training (TBT). Topics discussed in the guide; Advices of the guide on TBT; Information on the case studies and glossary of the guide.
- Institute news. // People Management;5/29/1997, Vol. 3 Issue 11, p47
Presents different news. Inclusion of a leaflet on harassment at work in an issue of People Management periodical; Rosalie Pearson of South Yorkshire and District as the longest serving active member of the institute; Training of the staff of the Merchant Group.
- Advice is at hand. // Professional Engineering;02/23/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 4, p12
Announces the availability of an updated version of a hand-arm vibration risk management manual from British engineering consultancy Industrial Noise and Vibration. Manual as a practical complement to the Health and Safety Executive guidelines on hand-arm vibration.
- Making the Promise of OSHA a Reality. Brown, Robert J. // Labor Law Journal;Feb78, Vol. 29 Issue 2, p67
The article presents information related to the Occupational Safety and Health Act (OSHA). 95 percent of OSHA's inspection efforts are now devoted to the most serious health and safety risk areas such as construction, agriculture, manufacturing, transportation and petrochemicals. The other five...
- 5. Drafting and Editing Employee Handbook Policies: 5.13 Health, Safety, and Security. Lawson II, Joseph W. R. // How to Develop an Employee Handbook;1998, p291
Chapter 5.13 of the book "How to Develop an Employee Handbook" is presented. The chapter presents guidelines to include health, safety and security policy statements in an employee handbook. It offers recommendations on how to maintain a drug-free workplace. It also presents a checklist that can...
- Health and safety catalogue. // Manufacturers' Monthly;May2004, p90
Reports that Farnell InOne has released a health and safety catalog, offering a range of personal protection, hygiene and site and safety products. Features; products descriptions and technical information.